Chapter 17 The Barn

Black Diamond's Pov
Steven trotted towards the red building with an happy smile displaying on his face. I followed the boy, walking along with him to the structure the humans have created.

We soon reached the building and Steven stopped in front of it. He looked towards me with an half heartedly smile on his lips.
-Wait here, I have to do something before you go inside. Okey?

Steven said calmly, I looked at the boy before me. Considering whether I would obey or not, he's been kind to me this long, so what could go wrong?
I tought, then finally gave up and agreed and nodded towards Steven. His smile widened slightly as his gaze turned back towards the red building, running inside. Leaving me behind.

While Steven was inside I took a look around my surroundings, feeling warmth come to my heart.

Earth is truly beautiful....

I thought as I crouched down on my knees letting my hand run thru the strands of green grass on the ground.
I stopped when a white flower brushed my finger, my expression softened and an genuine faint smile displayed on my lips.
-How pretty....

I breathed out silently, my thought were interrupted when I heard footsteps in the grass, running towards me in a fast pace.
I looked up from the grass and onto the thing that was running towards me in alert.

I squinted my eyes slightly in confusion as a orange blob further away from me got closer and closer.
-What is that...

I mumbled and before I could realise  it, the orange blob had already reached me, I closed my eyes and raised my arms to my face. Trying to protect myself from whatever it was. It jumped on top of me, making happy barking noises as something rough and wet was dragged across my right cheek.

I slowly opened my eyes, ready to embrace whatever was on top of me.
I opened them fully and looked down where the creature was.

A plant?...

I thought curiously and my arms faltered towards my sides, I took a hand and softly patted the living and moving orange plant. I received a happy bark from the orange plant as I patted it and my defense was quickly shut down by it's cuteness.

I felt an heartfilled laugh erupt from my throat at how ridiculously alerted I was by an adorable living plant.
-Yeesh, Earth can't give me a break huh....

I mumbled happily as I kept on patting the plant.
After a couple of minutes of spending time with the plant creature I heard a twig snap behind me. My gaze was soon directed towards the noise without hesitation.

What I saw suprised me. It was a gem, or I think. Humans don't usually come with blue skin.
-Hi

I nervously said as I hugged the orange plant for comfort. The blue gem saw my expression and her alerted look was soon softened.
She inspected me and then towards the living plant in my arms.
-It seems Pumpkin likes you.

The blue gem said softly, I looked at the orange plant named Pumpkin and then back at the blue gem.
-Oh, is this yours?

I asked as my head leaned to the right like an curious puppy.
-Yeah, I guess you can say so.
Me and Peridot takes care of her together.

The blue gem said. As I felt slight kindness from the blue gem I smiled softly towards her.
-Oh okey, the names Black. You can call me Black, Night or whatever you prefer.

I said as I didn't say my full name, since I didn't want to alert the blue gem by being a diamond. I reached my hand towards the gem as I wanted to greet myself.
She hesitated for a second but gave in and shook my hand.
-The names Lapis Lazuli.