Chapter 23 Homeworld Part 1

Black Diamond's Pov
We sat in the pink legged ship on our way to Homeworld, stars passing by as streaks of lights from the speed of the ship.

I sat next to Lapis as Pearl stood next to Steven, guiding Steven on how to control the ship properly so that we wouldn't crash in into anything. While he was doing that, my gaze wandered inside the ship, inspecting the pink details in the room. Memorizing on how it looks.

This was the first time I have ever been inside Pink's ship. Odd right, but since all the diamonds had their own ships we never actually went inside the ship's that wasn't ours.
But if nesseacary, like if our ships were broken somehow, we would always use the spare ones that was significantly built for us.

A sigh next to me brought me back to reality, my eyes wandered towards Lapis. She seemed somewhat down. She was looking outside at the stars, her expression could be seen from the reflection of the glass. She was thinking of something that made her frown.
-You okey?

I said softly, she tensed slightly as her shoulders stiffened.
-Yeah...

Lapis answered quietly, her eyes not leaving the glass window. Though her frown softened I could still see that something was troubling the blue gem. I was battling my mind of whether or not I should leave her alone or talk further down in the subject.

I pinched my cheek to stop thinking about it so hard. I finally agreed with myself that I was going to talk with her.
-You sure? You seem troubled over something.

I said softly looking at the back of her head. She sighed deeply before turning her head towards me as she repositioned herself so she was facing me.
-No... I lied...

Lapis said, looking down at the ground as her shoulders sloped down sadly.
I put my hand on her shoulder making her look up, making eye contact with me while I gave her a reassuring smile.
-You don't need to talk about it if you are not ready, but you have to now, I'm always here if you ever want to talk it out with someone.

I said, still having the reassuring smile plastered on my face. She return a sad smile.
-Thank you Black, it's just that....
I'm afraid of meeting a gem on Homeworld that had hurt me in the past..

Lapis said her smile fading when she thought about the person who was troubling her.
-Don't worry, if we ever see the gem, you can always tell us and we will walk the other way to avoid them. We will always have your back when you are in trouble.

I reassured her as my smile brightened slightly. Her eyes seemed to lighten up at that and my reassuring speech seemed to work.
-Thank you Black....

Lapis said softly, a geniune smile returning on her face.
-Lapis! Black! We are about five minutes away from Homeworld so get ready.

Pearl shouted towards us.
-Alright!

I responded, standing up from my sitting position. I held out a hand towards Lapis, helping the blue gem back on her feet. She took it and gave me a small 'thanks' before both of us began walking towards Steven and Pearl.

We stood on each side beside Steven and Pearl, seeing Homeworld getting closer through the big window before us.

My eyes widened in shock at the sight of the planet split in two. 'How? What have happened since the last time I was here' I thought to myself, bringing a hand over my mouth at the destroyed planet.

Pearl looked at my direction, smiling slightly mouthing the words 'you got this'. My expression relaxed and a small smile was returned on my face as I nodded towards her.
-We have to be careful about where we land, we probably have to hide the ship in one of the abandoned kindergarten.