Chapter 19 Meaning Of Failure

Black Diamond's Pov
Sunshine hit my face as I groggily groaned and brought my arms up to my face, trying to defend myself from the bright light.

I softly moaned in exhaustion and finally gave up trying to go back to sleep as I slowly opened my eye lids, my eyes trying to adjust to the light.
I sleepingly looked around, not seeing Lapis, Peridot or Steven around.

Where could they be?
I thought to myself and lifted my back to a sitting position. I lifted both my arms up in the air, stretching my sore body from the lack of movement.
I lifted my legs to the side of the hammock and pushed myself off of the soft fabric and onto the floor.

A shiver ran thru my spine at the cold contact from the floor to my feet.
I ignored the feeling even though the feeling was pretty disturbing and slowly began walking out from the barn, looking around for my friends.

A happy bark got my attention, seeing Pumpkin running towards me with an happy expression. I felt a smile tug at the ends on my lips and I crouched down to pet her. She licked my face and a giggle of happiness erupted from my lips. I kept on petting Pumpkin until she decided to run away.

Well, that works as well.
I thought to myself as I looked at the direction Pumpkin ran at, with my head slightly leaned to the right.

I stood up from my crouching position and brushed off my knees with my hands to get the dirt off. I felt a drop of water hit my nose and an questionate expression was formed on my face.
I looked up to the sky, seeing a huge round orb of water hovering above me.

I squeaked in surprise as I hurried myself away from it, not wanting to get splashed. It directly landed on the ground with a thud nearly hitting me and the water splashed in every direction, soaking me anyway.
-That's not how you do it!

Peridot's voice was heard in the distance. I looked towards the source of the sound seeing Peridot holding a plant in her hand and Lapis hovering in the air with her water wings out. Around her was more of those hovering water orbs, dropping one after the other. Seemingly as if she was watering the ground.
-Well ofcoure I knew that!

Lapis said towards Peridot with a frown on her face. Steven ran up to them with a basket filled with plants, the same sort of plant which Peridot held.
-I got more! This should be enough.

Steven said as he reached the two gems, a smile displaying on his face.
-That's wonderful Steven! We should be able to grow so much more flora with those!

Lapis said happily as she clapped her hands towards each other in excitement.
-Well, if only you did it right we could have a whole farm with them by now!

Peridot argued, holding up her pad up towards Lapis for her to see. Probably showing her something important that she had missed.
I walked up towards them with a curious expression on my face, clearly confused on what was going on.
-What are you guys up to?

I said softly and their arguing stopped as they noticed me.
-Black! You are up!

Peridot said as Steven and Lapis waved towards me. I waved back and looked at the plants they had gathered.
-What's going on?

I asked once again and I could see a grin form on Peridot's face. Lapis only facepalmed into her hand, knowing that I had started something that she thought was unpleasant.
-Well you see here, we are trying out a human activity of tending and cultivating a garden! It's when you take care and try to grow flora that habitats in this sort of habitat! This time we will try to plant a sort of flower, that the humans call a sunflower! Did you know the sunflower, the only plant that has the name flower in it, is not a flower?