Chapter 21 New Start

Black Diamond's Pov
I sat in the sand with my eyes closed, enjoying the warmth of the sun. The only thing I could hear was the waves from the ocean and the seagulls shrieking above me.

Only hours ago I was in the barn with Peridot and Lapis, yet suddenly Steven appeared. Not that I mind.
He seemed somewhat different,
he acted rather funny.

He took me by the wrist and dragged me out of the barn, saying that I needed to 'explore' the nature and get some alone time, and now I'm here.

It was indeed a sudden appearance from the boy as well at his actions. He even avoided my questions when I asked them, maybe I had done something to displease the boy.
I have to talk about it to him.

Well anyway, maybe going outside alone could be beneficial from everything that have happened, to think clearly by myself, to take it easy for a moment, bathing in the sun.

It wasn't all that bad if I was going to be honest. But I missed the presence of my friends near me, not that I can't be by myself, I can....it just feels a bit lonely.

I sighed deeply, my back falling onto the sand with a thud, I opened my eye lids and looked around at my surroundings. Seeing the city a couple of minutes away from me. I hadn't really been thinking much about the surroundings I where in, I just went along with it.
Maybe I should explore it a little.

After all, I will be living here now.
I stood up from the ground, brushing away remaining sand that was still on my clothes.

I started walking peacefully towards the city Steven and the crystal gems knew much about. If I remember correctly, the city was called 'Beach City'. I had heard alot about it from Steven but never got the chance to go there since I wasn't really in great relationship with the crystal gems and avoided walking in plain sight.

But now we were in better terms with each other, we only met fully once and that was kinda it. I never really heard from them since the last time I talked to them

I kept on walking towards the buildings until I reached my destination. I walked across the solid ground that was grey and had white streaks in the middle. Something blue with four wheels was coming towards me and I stopped walking, standing in the middle of the solid ground.

It stopped in front of me, a human was inside the blue object looking angry at me. He was saying words I hadn't heard before, but they sounded quite mean. The blue object he was sitting in made a honking sound making me flinch slightly in surprise at the loud noise.

I just stood there, confused on why the human was so angry at me. Suddenly a short blond human walked up to me, dragging me away from the grey solid ground.

The blond human apologized towards the human in the blue object and he drove away from both of us, mumbling uknown curses towards us.
-Why did you stand in the middle of the road, he could have driven over you at any moment!?

The short blond human said towards me with an slightly angered tone. I looked at her with a confused expression and then looked at the grey solid ground. Oh so it was called a road but what about the blue object the person was in, was it some sort of vehicle? I thought to myself.

The blond noticed my confused expression and she looked me up and down, realization hit her as she saw the gem as her face softened a bit in understandment.
-Oooohh, you must be one of Steven's friends, a gem right? Makes actually kinda sense now. Well, anyway, the names Sadie, nice to meet you.

The blonde, named Sadie said as she reached her hand towards me with a smile on her face. I smiled back at her and took her hand in a firm grip.
-The names Black Diamond, but just call me Black. It's a pleasure to meet you as well Sadie. Any friend of Steven's is a friend of mine.