Chapter 16 Free

Steven's Pov
I had been wandering in the woods for hours now, completely alone.
Well... Not quite completely alone I thought as I looked at the black diamond in my hand.

A sigh left my lips as I looked up into the sky, seeing the daylight waver into darkness.
-I should find a place to rest in.

I mumbled to myself not really sure if it was just me hearing it. Though, everywhere I go, I feel a presence resting around me and it's starting to get a lil creepy.
I shook my head, telling myself I'm just imagined it.

I kept on walking and the sky was filled with different shades of yellow and orange. My pace became faster as I wanted to find a safe place to rest in before everything turn pitch black.

As I was walking for a hour,
I stopped in my tracks as my eyes had caught the sight of a cave. It was old and had vines covering most of it.
-That should do it.

I mumbled and walked cautiously towards it, I pushed away a couple of the vines, trying to see if any animals or people lived in it. But nothing was seen, just a couple of sticks and leaves on the ground, telling me no one lived in is so it had to be safe to go inside.

I walked inside the cave and layed down on my side, feeling the weight of walking almost for a day, tiring me out. I yawned and crawled up my leps on my chest, the black gem safely tucked in between.
-I hope the gems could forgive me...

I whispered before I let my eyes close and the feeling of sleepiness wash over me. Only a couple of second my mind went blank as I let sleep take over me, bringing me to a dreamless world.

Hours later, my sleep was interrupted when a bright light shone upon my closed eyes. Bringing me back to consciousness. My eyes opened and what I saw made me open my mouth  in shock.

She's finally coming out of her gem.

Black Diamond's Pov
Whoever was carrying me had finally stopped walking, laying both me and itself on the cold floor or ground, I don't actually know. Even though I couldn't see or hear whatever what was happening in the outside world. 

I was always still conscious during these millions of years in my contraption called my gem. Even though my form wasn't developed yet I always knew whenever I was picked up or where brought to somewhere else.

Though I was shocked when I was released from the bubble. It happened so suddenly and my hope to be released again had restored as it had  dissappeared to an endless pith inside my heart thousands of years ago.
But even though I was free, I was technically still in my gem.

I couldn't reform myself hours ago as my energy had been long gone. But it had been restoring itself by the second and I could feel my powers returning. Happiness was swallowing me whole just by the thought of it....
-I'm soon free...

I whispered to myself into the endless world of darkness. Suddenly I saw light shine in the dark room and my chains started to fade away.
-Finally...

I said softly feeling a faint smile appear on my lips and my eyes glossened with tears of happiness.

The room turned completely white with the shining light. My body was ingulfed in the light and my body finally formed.

The light slowly faded away and my feet dropped to the ground, my legs where to weak to hold myself up so my body just fell to the floor.
But before it could, I felt someone grab me, helping me stand up properly.

My eye lids opened and I saw a boy with a brown afroo hair and onyx eyes staring into my white eyes, standing in front of me.
-Are you okey?