Chapter 16

1 month later

Sasha's POV

It's September 22. Exactly a month since my match with Bayley. Since we saw Aaron and he threatened to make our lives a living hell. He hasn't done anything yet which is weird. I'm always on edge though, if he ever pops back up again, I need to be ready to protect my family and friends.  It's a Tuesday and we're not on any tours so I'm off today.

I'm sitting in the bay window Bayley has in our room. As I'm looking out into the sunset, I can't help but think about Aaron. I hate him for what he did and I spent a lot of time scared of him. I'm more waiting for him to make a move at this point. I'm always waiting for him to come back and ruin something. I hate this feeling. I just wish he never came back so I could enjoy my life with Bayley instead of always worrying.

I must've been so deep in thought because Bayley sat next to me but I didn't even realize it until I felt her pulling me towards her. My back was against her chest as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and put her head on top of mine. 

"Sasha, we're safe, if Aaron was gonna make a move he would've done it by now." She whispered to me practically reading my mind. "I know but I'm always worried that he'll pop back up again and hurt you or me or any of our friends. I'd never forgive myself if I wasn't ready for that." I said back to her.

"Baby, this has become more of a psychological game, he got you to think that he's gonna come back and hurt us when he's not. He wants you to think that he's gonna do something to worry you and everyday you space out and get all worried and I hate it Sash. I hate seeing you so worked up about some dick who got into your head." Bayley said to me softly making me feel bad about making her feel this way.

"I'm sorry babe." I said starting to get choked up for some odd reason. She grabbed one of my hands and interlocked her hand with mine. "Don't cry baby. It's ok, you're coming from a great place. I understand but he's just trying to get into out heads Sash." She said placing a kiss on top of my head. "You're right, I shouldn't let him get into my head but if he comes back babe I-" 'It's ok baby, I know ok?" She interrupted me because I was starting to tear up and choke up. I let a tear fall down because of how much Aaron has controlled my life.

She held me tighter as I let a couple more tears fall. "It's ok Sasha. Let it out, I'm here ok." she whispered in my ear as she held me tighter. I got up, sat on her lap and hugged her, burying my face in her shoulder while she rubbed my back soothingly. "I'm sorry Bayley." I said quietly but loud enough for her to hear me. 

"Sasha, baby you don't have to be sorry." She whispered back to me. I stood up and looked at her. "I do have to be sorry Bayley! I'm always breaking down! I'm such a mess all the time and you always pick up the mess! In this relationship I never pick you up because you always stay strong for me! I'm sorry that you always have to pick up the pieces! I do have to be sorry because I'm always such a mess and you always have tp pick up the pieces, I'm sure you're sick of it by now. I'm sorry I put you through so much and you always pick up my mess I understand if you want to lea-" "SASHA! Calm down ok? You're having a panic attack. Breathe in and out." Bayley said calming me down.

I started pace trying to calm down but it didn't work and neither did the breathing. Bayley stopped my pacing and grabbed my hands. "Look me in the eyes ok? We're gonna breathe in for 5 and breathe out for five and don't break eye contact ok?" Bayley instructed me but still sounded soothing. I nodded the best I could and she started breathing with me. I didn't break eye contact and we stayed breathing until I stopped crying and calmed down.

"Sasha, I am always gonna be ok with picking you up when you're down. I'm ok with it because you are a human being and you have human emotions and break downs and for everything we've been through, I understand and I will gladly pick you up when you're down. It is not a problem to me at all. I choose you all the time even on your darkest days. I choose you even when you're breaking down. I will always choose you baby. Also what you said is not true. You have ALWAYS been the one to pick me up. Are you telling me that when I broke down after Aaron broke up with me you didn't pick me up? You saved me from Aaron and took care of me that night, when I was told that you were losing the title to me and I flipped out and said how it wasn't fair but I was extremely excited and broke down not knowing how to feel you picked me up and calmed me down, when we were told we were gonna be the first women to main event a network special and it was an iron man match which was a first for women too, you helped me calm down and not breakdown completely, when Aaron showed up in our locker room you literally punched him in the face and made sure he didn't hurt me and you protected me while I was spaced out. Sasha, you have always been there for me and I will always be here for you. That's how we work, we always have each others backs and we are ok with it because we love each other and we will always take care of each other. We can't let Aaron control us like this because we are so much stronger ok? I love you and I'm always gonna be happy to pick you up when you're low." She finished not breaking eye contact and using one of her hands to cup my cheek and wipe my tears.

"I don't know how you always manage to amaze me. I love you so much too and thank you for always being there when I lash out like this. I guess you're right too, I have been there for you and you've always been there for me. I'm sorry I lashed out on you like that, I love you too and I'm so happy I met you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." I told her looking at her lovingly and smiling. She moved my hands to her neck and put her hands on my hips pulling me close. 

"You're my everything and I've never been so in love." She stated making my cheeks heat up real quick. I looked down to try and hide my blush and bit my lip. "Don't hide that beautiful face of yours from me" she said laughing making me look up and smile at her too. "I can't believe you'd try and hide that beautiful smile of yours from me." She said pretending to fake a pout. "Just shut up and kiss me." I said before she smiled and pulled me into a kiss.

This kiss was filled with happiness and love. It was a passionate kiss that gave off some need but not to much to turn us on. It was honestly the best kiss I've ever had because it was every emotion that I felt towards Bayley, in one kiss. We broke the kiss and I hugged her right away. 

"Do you want to go watch a movie or go out with the group?" I asked her not breaking the hug. 'What if we invite the group over and we order pizza and have a movie night?" She suggested. "Sounds perfect but it's still morning so I'm gonna enjoy you all to myself for the rest of the day before they get here." I said giving her a goofy grin. She laughed before pecking me on the cheek.

"I'm gonna take a shower so go ahead and text the group while I'm in there ok?" I said before she nodded and I went to the bathroom. I seriously am so lucky that I found someone who will still love me no matter how many times I lash out at them. I got in the shower knowing I have someone waiting for me when I come out. 

Bayley's POV

I hear Sasha start the water so I grab my phone and text the group. 

Bayley: Tonight at 8 pm all of you that can or want to come over to our house and we're gonna have a movie and pizza night.

Sonya: I love when we have nights like these! We haven't had one in so long!!

Alexa: Is strawberry in the shower? Normally she's the one to text us.

Dean: She's got a point

Bayley: You know my strawberry so well. She's in the shower powerpuff

Dean: Don't even start Bayley.

Alexa: Dean don't start or else they'll keep throwing questions at us.

Roman: We are still going to ask you questions

Becky: Yea. you lads aren't getting out of it that easy.

Bayley: You guys go ahead and interrogate them, I'm gonna go make my strawberry some breakfast. 

I turn my phone off and laugh at how many questions they're gonna ask Alexa and Dean. I head downstairs to kitchen and start making some pancakes, eggs, and fruit salad. I know that's Sasha's favorite breakfast along with homemade oak milk iced coffee. As I'm plating the food and making her iced coffee, I hear her walking down the stairs. 

"What's my lovely chef cooking?" she asked wrapping her arms around my waist and hugging me from behind. "Just my lovely girl's favorite breakfast." I answered her turning my head to look at her. "You're the best. I really don't deserve you." she said smiling at me. "I know, I'm really amazing." I answered in a fake cocky tone and smile . She laughed before playfully hitting my arm and going to sit down at the table. 

"You even made homemade oak milk iced coffee? You know me so well!" I heard her say excitedly "I sure did." I said smiling at her before grabbing our plates and sitting down across from her. we made small talk with each other while we ate breakfast.

After that we cuddled up on the couch and watched random movies. We stayed there for a while before we went to the gym but while we were sitting there, I realized that the girl in my arms is the girl I truly will love forever. No matter what happens, I'll always find my way back to her and I need to protect her with everything in me. I truly love her and found my forever.

Anyways, this chapter was a cute little time skip to set up for the future. Anyways, it's 5:27 in the morning and I didn't sleep so I'll probably go to bed after this but I really wanted to update first so I did. Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading. Stay safe -Shaylee:)