-Chapter 10-

The emotions that ran through her was intoxicating. It was like a burning rush that seemed to shake up her whole body, and leave her almost gasping for air and feeling in complete pure-ecstasy. Her fingertips felt numb as she hesitantly brushed them through her jeans. Her feet felt like it was going to give in and collapse at any moment. Her face was heating up and she could feel the temperature quickly rise in her. Her heart continuously pounded rapidly as she stood frozen to the ground, unable to move as her eyes dilated so abruptly at the mere sight of him.

His eyes were heavily fixated on her as they stood in silence to take in the sight of each other. It had only been two months since they had been apart, but it felt much longer, especially with the distance between them.

In those two months he had heard her voice twice. First, when he had called her through a payphone and second, when he listened to the last voicemail she had left him. But for her it was more difficult. She couldn't see him whenever she wanted to, neither could she listen to his voice, no matter how comforting it would've been for her. All she had was pictures she had taken of him and them together, but that wasn't enough, and now she couldn't believe that he was stood right in-front of her. It almost seemed not real, like she was having one of her dreams of when she would get to see him again, but it wasn't a dream. He was really here and the overwhelming feeling inside her was so strong it felt as if she was going to burst into tears at any given moment.

Chris slipped his hands inside his pockets as he slowly took a step forward in her direction. He paused for a little while, letting himself wash away all of his emotional guilt and baring himself, before continuing to slowly walk towards them.

With only a little space left in-between them, he stopped once again to gaze down at her. She gazed back up at him, her body starting to slowly relax as she saw the look in his eyes.

He removed one hand from his pocket and reached forward to slowly take her hand. He gently stroked the back of her palm with his thumb, before pulling her closer to him till there was hardly any space left between them. As he grazed through her hand, she let out a deep breath that she's been holding in ever since, and quickly placed the grocery bag on the seat beside her, before stretching up on her tip-toes and going to drape her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist, slowly lifting her of the ground as he closed his eyes shut. It was as if they had never really been apart as they embraced with such warmth and intensity.

After a while, they slowly pulled away to look at each other once again. Precious slowly lifted her hand to gently place it on his cheek and he quickly placed his hand over hers as a smile slowly began to creep up from the creases of his mouth. He hadn't smiled in months, and standing before her right then made him remember how he would always smile every minute of everyday he was with her. She was the only stable relationship he's ever had, the one who truly made him happy despite his messed up life, and he had forgotten all about that till now.

Precious smiled back up at him as he gently rubbed the back of her hand. As tears started to fill her eyes, she placed her head down on his chest and swung her arms around his waist, never wanting to let go. She still couldn't believe that he was here with her after all this time, that she got to hold him, to look him in the eye, to smile at him and have him smile back, to feel the passion and deep connection they always shared and know that it will never die down. It was all so surreal, like a moment from one of her favorite romance movies that she loved so much.

"You're here..." she quietly breathed out still in disbelief, closing her eyes shut as she felt him cup the back of his head with one hand as his other hand drew small circles at the nape of her neck.

"I'm here" he replied as he stared directly at the wall behind them, whilst he held her tightly. 

As he pulled away, placing his hand on her shoulders, she gazed up at him deeply, and before he knew it, she had lifted her hand to slap him hard across the face, leaving a sounding echo. He gently grasped his cheek and cracked his jaw, before turning his head back around to look down at her as she held a mix of hurt and anger, yet overwhelming joy.