-Chapter 31-

________________________________________

-One and a half month later-

________________________________________

The early June Summer breeze gently etched into the New York city atmosphere creating an eerie feeling of stillness and tranquility.

It was mid-day. Chris laid beside the pool at the balcony of his mother's pent-house whilst soaking up the warmth on his bare shirtless chest and listening to music. Peeking up at the sun through his dark sun glasses, he placed his hands at the back of his head. He gazed across at the cloudless blue sky and inhaled slowly, feeling a sense of peace and relaxation within him. Moments later, he slowly removed the earphone from his ear, and got up from beside the pool before walking over to the other end of the balcony to finish up painting the large portrait of his mom that he had started almost a month ago, in which he planned to submit to New York's most famous art exhibition in memory of her.

He took of his sunglasses and placed it to the side as he stopped to admire the detail he had put in. He smiled at the mix of vibrant colors he had used on her face, before picking up the paint brush and palette to the side to carry on. After he was done several minutes later, he took a step back and paused to take it all in for a brief while in silence. The light shining down on the painting seemed to give it that sophisticated and exquisite look. He could stand there and stare at it forever if he could. 

"I hate the fact that you're so talented"

He heard a voice come from behind him and quickly turned his head around to see Ian, holding two bottles of cold beer in his hand. He handed one over to him, before they toasted together.

"Where are the girls and Ralph?" asked Chris, before going to sip on his beer.

"Inside trying on some of the clothes they bought yesterday, so that's pretty much gonna take all day, this is the fourth day this week that they've gone shopping" Ian replied, earning a light chuckle from Chris. It had been two weeks ever since Precious came to spend the Summer with them in New York. The four of them had spent every day together since then, which made it hard at times for him to be alone with her. Just like she had been there for him during the time his mom had died and at her funeral, he had been there to celebrate her 19th birthday after the funeral as she didn't get a chance to properly celebrate it, and he had also been there to comfort her after her breakup, even though he couldn't be more happier about it. As determined as he was to get her back and be with her again, he also still had a lot of making up to do. He wanted to earn her complete trust and love back and he would stop at nothing to keep doing that.

"Well you can't really blame them, you gave Val one of your credit cards after all" said Chris.

"I'll give Val anything and everything" he quietly responded, before taking a sip of his beer.

Chris watched as Ian took a step closer to get a better look at the painting, brushing off his recent statement, almost as if he didn't know he had blurted it out. "I can't believe you did this all in three weeks, this is better than anything I've ever seen" he spoke, changing the subject.

Chris quickly blinked twice and shook his head a little before speaking up. "I'm submitting it at the exhibition tomorrow. I want everybody to look at it and see how she really was. I want them to see how I saw her, not just what they've known of her her entire career" he muttered as he splashed one more color on the painting, before placing the paint brush on palette on the ground.