-Chapter 34-

The following week; Chris and Precious had arrived in San Diego for Miranda's formal party. It was Eight at night and they were at their hotel room getting ready.

Stood in front of the mirror; Chris slowly worked on the buttons of his black dress shirt. The last time he had gotten dressed up smartly like this was on the day of his mother's funeral a little over two months ago. It was by no means the hardest day of his life as all he could think about was trying not to break down in-front of everybody, but also trying to mourn her. Seconds later, he reached inside his pocket to pull out a small picture of the two of them taken earlier on in the year on her birthday. He smiled down at it; gently running his thumb across the picture and staring down at the huge wide smile on her face as she hugged him from behind. There was not a single day that went past where he didn't think of her or miss her, and one of the things that got him through each day was knowing that she's now found peace and could now finally rest after such a heavy, stressful, traumatic and burdened life.

Moments later, he placed the picture back inside his pocket and took a deep breath before going to work on his shirt collar.

With Ian stressing out this past week and almost having second thoughts of him and Precious coming to San Diego, Chris wasn't sure what to expect tonight as he was still processing the fact of Miranda's involvement with Frank and the Moretti family a week after finding out the news. He had first met Miranda when he was around 8-9 years old, right after Ian had gotten involved with her. Being so young he always ignored their toxic relationship and never thought much about it, but he always knew that something was never right with them, not just because of the obvious fact that she was a couple years older than him, but also because of the manipulation, the co-dependency; mostly on Ian's side, and also the amount of pain she would cause him each and every day, sending him into a huge spiral.

A year after she left him whilst being pregnant, he had met Valentina at the cabin site and she had managed to cleanse away all his suffering inflected by Miranda in only a short two and a half months. He remembered too well that Summer the three of them spent together when he was a kid. He remembered how it was almost an instant love at first sight for the two of them and how quickly they fell in love and how inseparable they were all Summer. Despite how things had ended afterwards, it was the most happiest he had seen him, and he got to witness the same happiness each day whenever he saw him with Valentina and Raphael. Despite how he had left and abandoned her out of the blue, despite his wild playboy lifestyle, despite her meeting Frank and their extremely toxic relationship, despite everything that had happened in the years they had been apart, they still managed to find their way back to each other in the end, and it couldn't have been more worthwhile.

Pushing his hair back, he then picked up his blazer from the side to quickly throw it on, before turning his head to face the direction of the bathroom. "Baby?" he called, picking up his watch from the table to put it on.

"I'll be out soon" Precious replied from inside the bathroom and he smiled to himself, while going to sit on the edge of the bed.

A few minutes later, his eyes slowly narrowed back over to the bathroom to see Precious slowly walking back into the room. She was dressed in a tight-fitted black slit dress, with black wedge heels. Her natural hair was tied up into a high bun, she wore light make-up and around her neck was the purple diamond necklace he had given her months ago. It was the only jewelry she wore, and complimented with her dark glowing skin, it made her look more beautiful than she already did.

"Wow..." he muttered himself as she slowly approached him. He stood up from the bed and licked his lips; gawking at her from head to toe, not believing how lucky he was to have her.

"Is that a good wow?" she smiled widely, whilst she grinned up at him.

He took her hand and slowly spun her around to get a better look at her. He then lead her over to the mirror and wrapped his arms around her from behind, before placing multiple kisses on her cheek and her neck, causing her to snicker with laughter.