-Chapter 11-

_____________________________

-Three Months later-

_____________________________

It was early morning. Droplets of rain spattered across the New York city landscape as the season of fall began to set in. The atmosphere all around was still and silent, cascading the busy Manhattan streets to come later on in the day.

Chris laid on the sofa inside the living room of his New York city apartment he had bought a while back. His eyes were closed shut, and the sound of quietness echoed around the room as the only thing he could hear was the sound of rain falling outside.

Mid June was when everything last unfolded, when he last spoke to her. Fast forward and it was now near the ending of September. The past three months had felt like three years. Time didn't seem to speed up, in-fact it felt as it was purposely slowing down day by day, showing no remorse to him as he was forced to constantly relieve through the memories. The worse part of his days were during the nights. Those were the times were he lost complete emotional control of himself. Sometimes he would stay up all night just thinking, other times he would do other things to keep himself busy and force his mind from constantly drifting back to those memories.

The last time he saw her was when she looked him in the eyes with tears streaming down her face and told him that it was over between them. After that they had shared her sweet kiss and she had went out the door, without looking back, just like he had done to her, giving him a taste of his own medicine. Although she was the one to break things off between them, he sometimes wondered what would've happened if he had stopped her in the end.

There were endless wonders that floated inside his mind, but he knew they were just fantasies, and he had to face the facts of a hard, cold reality. Many things had changed over the past three months, and he knew that as time went on, things would only continue changing.

A short while later, he heard a quiet knock come from behind his door. Slowly opening his eyes, he gazed up at the ceiling for a few seconds, before yawning to himself and lifting his head up off the sofa cushion. He ran his fingers through his already messy hair, and quickly threw on a shirt, before getting up and going to open the door.

"Good morning" Valentina strolled inside past him, holding onto hot coffee and grasping her growing baby bump with the other hand. "Wow, you look exhausted" she muttered, slowly twisting her head to the side as she turned back around to face him.

"You know you do have a key, you don't have to knock all the time when you come over" Chris groaned under his breath, tiredly rubbing his eyes, before going to sit back down on the sofa. 

"Yeah but I only use it for emergencies, I don't want you to think someone's breaking in or something" she replied, placing her handbag to the side. "I bought you some coffee, thought you might need it" she said, before going to take a seat beside him on the sofa. She watched as he briefly thanked her, before going to take a sip of the coffee and she couldn't help but fixate her eyes closely on the expression on his face and she knew what it meant. "How was work yesterday? I know you had a full day" she spoke, placing both hands on her bump.

"It was alright" he replied, holding onto the coffee.

A while back, he had decided to take on as a job as an electronically engineer, helping to create new gadgets in one of the best researched labs in New York city. It was the type of job that people went to College for, but he was lucky enough as he was already a 'certified genius' as many people he meets liked to call him. It was one of the things that also kept him busy from swarming his mind with endless thoughts.