-Chapter 32-

Several days later, Chris and Ian were sat inside their car as the waited for Precious outside a Supermarket.

Gazing out the window from the driver's seat, Chris watched as people passed by, before turning his attention back to Ian who sat in silence beside him in the passenger's seat, gazing ahead, almost like he was in deep thought. He could only imagine the things running through his mind at that moment. 

After a long debate and argument between him and Valentina, today was the day that they were going to see Frank in prison. Of course she didn't want them going, due to obvious reasons and the kind of person that Frank was overall, but Ian already had his mind set on it and there was simply no stopping him. Ever since they had met with Sebastian they had been cautious wherever they went, whilst also doing their best to protect Valentina and the baby. They were in a difficult situation with not knowing what was going to happen at any given moment, but it had made the bond between the four of them so much more stronger than it already was before as they were always prepared to take care, be there and protect one another through everything; the good as well as the very bad.

Chris carefully watched the expression on his face, before sighing to himself and speaking up. "Look, why don't you just apologize to Val... you've been miserable ever since you guys started fighting" he said, before sticking his arm out the car window.

Ian narrowed his eyes over to him, before going to run his fingers through his hair. "I've done nothing wrong. She doesn't understand that I'm trying to do what I can to keep her and the baby safe" he hissed slightly, turning to glance out the window.

"Its because she's scared. Frank terrifies her and the fact that he's trying to take Ralph doesn't help her case" Chris briefly responded. "Look when I met him last year, he was pretty fucking intimidating and manipulative and knew how to easily get under your skin. Plus he strangled me trying to kill me, and he's tried to kill Val too before. The dude's fucking dangerous and-

"And I don't care, I'm not fucking scared of the guy" Ian sighed, cutting him off his sentence.

Chris stared directly at him for a brief while, before turning to glance out the window. "She's just on edge about what Sebastian said about him getting out this year, and with his brother lurking-" he paused mid sentence and slowly shook his head, before throwing his head back. "We're all trying to keep her and the baby safe so she won't end up losing him, but don't lose sight of that... look, even if I wasn't in the wrong about something, I'd apologize to Precious in a heartbeat... just to make her happy. Sometimes that's just what we gotta do" he muttered as Ian slowly turned his head back around to face him.

"You're right, I'll talk to her when we get home" he breathed out, whilst running his hand down his face. "So I'm guessing you already know about us, huh?".

"That you're sleeping together? yeah" Chris responded, slowly nodding his head.

"It just happened one night. This was about a week after you and I went to go see my daughter. It was about Eleven at night, you were at your mom's and I went to her apartment and brought drinks because I didn't wanna drink alone and be alone too. She comforted me and we talked till about 2 am, before we kissed and went to her bedroom, and well you know the rest. In the morning we both didn't regret it so we decided to carry on, just casually for a few weeks, but the more time I started to spend with her and Ralph, the more our bond started to grow, the more we talked about a lot of things, the more I wished that I never did what I did to her. At one point she wanted to stop because she thought she was taking advantage of me because I was in a  vulnerable state, but I... I begged her not to leave me and told her that I needed her more than anything, and that was when I knew that I still love her, a lot. Its always been her that I've loved the most out of everyone I've been with. I thought it was Miranda, but we were more than toxic, a disaster waiting to happen from the start, but with Val, its the opposite" he explained as Chris listened on to his every word.