-Chapter 16-

The following night, Precious and her friend Gabrielle were arriving at the night club for their double date.

Precious sucked in a shaky breath, rubbing her arms as the cold night air hit her exposed skin. She took a deep breath before glancing up at the club across the street, which was filled with bright lights cascading from the inside. There was loud hip-hop music echoing throughout the street as numerous people cued outside waiting to get in. With everything that's been going on with Ian, and with Chris still being on her mind, this was the last place she wanted to be at.

A hard knot filled her stomach as her and Gabrielle crossed the street, whilst getting attention from some guys who strolled past them, mostly due to Gabrielle's revealing outfit. She laced her fingers together anxiously and breathed out a deep sigh as the music became louder and louder with every step they took. Precious wasn't a party person. It had taken a lot out of her to come out of her shell and even make friends, but this was something that wasn't in her comfort zone as she was usually a quiet and secluded person.

"Uh, Gab?" Precious spoke up, getting her attention. "I think you've forgotten something... We're both eighteen and we have to be twenty-one and over to get into one of these clubs" she said, glancing down at all the people who were waiting in the line.

"Don't worry, the bouncer is Will's cousin. He said we should just cut in line and give him our names and say we know him when we arrive and he'll let us in. Him and Martin are inside waiting" Gabrielle replied as she nudged her a little. 

"I'm only doing this for you" Precious sighed, as she crossed her arms above her chest.

"Girl lighten up, now we have two fine as hell guys waiting for us inside so let's go" Gabrielle placed her hand on her shoulder to help her fix her spaghetti strap, before turning around to walk over to the bouncer.

Precious looked around the place, as her arms dropped to the side. Shifting her eyes away a little awkwardly from two guys who were wolf-whistling at her from the line, she turned around to follow behind Gabrielle. She watched as Gabrielle gave the bouncer both their names, before he stepped aside to let them inside the club.

As they walked inside, they were immediately met with multicolored flashing lights coming from the dance floor. They looked around the place filled with people, before making their way further inside as dancing, sweaty bodies press and rub against them. The smell of sweat, booze and hard strong liquor filled the air as they continued to push past people. Precious could tell it wasn't Gabrielle's first time at a night club, due to how comfortable and relaxed she looked, but for her, it was as if she was trying not to collapse with every step she took, due to the loud blaring music and the people circulating around her. That could be due to the fact that she wasn't fond of being in secluded places. The phrase you never know if you like something if you don't try it first had been ringing in her head all day, but now that she was finally here, she knew that a place like that wasn't for her.

After a short while walking through the crowd of people, they finally arrived at a booth near the back where two guys were sat in drinking shots. She watched as one of the guys; who had long dreadlocks and was dressed in a white tee and jeans, stood up to hug Gabrielle, before shifting her eyes down to the other guy. He wore a red bandanna around his head and sunglasses, and was dressed in hip designer clothing. She placed her arms behind her back as he eyed her from head to toe, whilst she held a neutral expression on her face, trying not to show how awkward and uncomfortable she felt.

"Precious, this is Will" Gabrielle spoke up, as she pulled away from the hug and turned to face her.

"Hey, its nice to meet you" Precious spoke politely, as she took a step forward to hold out her hand for him to shake.