-Chapter 40-

The Next morning, Chris and Precious strolled through one of New York's famous Art gallery, just hours away before they were all to head back to Michigan.

She wrapped her arms around his waist from behind and he quickly nestled into her hands, leading her forward with him as she laughed, whilst they got stares in their direction. They then arrived over where the portrait of Caroline he had painted a while ago was hung. They stopped and watched as many people gathered around it in awe, some even taking pictures. When he first started the portrait, his goal in mind was wanting people to see the real her, to see the type of person she really was inside, and it truly touched his heart and made him happy to know that each and every day, people came down to that gallery just to see the painting with their very eyes and admire the beautiful, strong woman that was his mother.

"Hm, I wonder who the artist is that painted such a beautiful painting" Precious teased, placing her head underneath his arm, as her arms tightened around his waist.

Chris shifted his head back to glance down at her before a slight chuckle escaped from his lips. "Must be a pretty good looking guy" he replied. As she laughed at his comment, he took her hand and brought her forward, where he quickly wrapped his arms around her from behind, slowly swaying her from side to side. She smiled a flustered smile as he leaned down to trail soft kisses down her neck, not caring about who could be watching them. One of the many things she loved about him was that not only was he passionate, but he was also very affectionate. He never did anything half-assed with her, and always made sure to show her each day how much he loved her, and she knew one of the reasons was because he was scared to lose her again, but he had nothing to be scared of as she wasn't going anywhere. He was her home, being with him was where she belonged, and whatever happens with them in the future, she knew now that they would always fight for each other whenever and wherever.

"How's Sebastian this morning? you guys were with each other all night... is he okay?" she asked, as she felt him rest his chin on top of her head.

"He's still a little shaken up, but he'll be fine" he replied. "He's uh actually with Kayla right now".

"Kayla?" she gasped, pushing her head back to look up at him. "What, I didn't know that-"

"He met her a few days ago at the police station, and last night after we drove Lucia to Philadelphia so she could sort out a few things before she comes back to New York, we ran into Kayla, and her and Sebastian talked for a while. and I guess they hit it off. I think she even spent the night at his place cause when I called him a while ago, I heard her voice in the background... he deserves to be happy after what he went through not just the past couple days but his entire life, and I want him to be happy, more than anything".

"Wow..." Precious muttered, lowering her head back down. "I never would've expected that" she said. Despite what went down between Chris and Kayla last year and the impression she had of her the first time she saw and spoke to her, it didn't allow her to influence her further thought process. "Well, you know... I think they could be really good for each other" she said. Being with someone who was so compassionate, forgiving, and knew how to move on from things that happened in the past and let it go completely, she knew she had to do the same.

They stood staring over at the painting of his mother, further back from all of the people who did the same for a short while, till they heard a voice come from behind them.

"Your talent really exudes every other art in the room, Christopher".

In a swift motion, they quickly turned their heads around to see Miranda stood behind them. She was dressed in a short black dress, white blazer, high heels and she wore dark shades to cover up her eyes. Her presence seemed to attract stares from several people in the room, mostly the men.