-Chapter 23-

It was early Saturday morning in Michigan, and Ian was arriving outside the Lawson's new home.

Parking outside their porch, he stepped out of his white Ferrari and took of his dark shades as some people walking past stopped to look in his direction. As he was about to head over to the front door, he heard his phone begin to ring from inside his pockets. Reaching inside to pull it out, he groaned and cursed under his breath as he saw that it was an unknown number, but knowing exactly who it was. He watched it ring for a few minutes, before taking a deep breath and deciding to answer.

"How did you get my number, Miranda?" he questioned in a stern tone.

He listened on as she groaned and kissed her teeth at his blunt question. "You can be so irritating Ian, but at least you knew it was me" she replied in her usual sultry, seductive voice that he would used to lose his mind over, but now he simply rolled his eyes.

"I'm not stupid, I know you've been trying to reach me" he hissed.

"I wouldn't need to if you agree to just meet with me somewhere, I have something I need to tell you, we need to talk. I know you always paint me as the manipulative bitch, but it takes two to tango and I am not the villain in your story, Ian, I'm not a bad person" she uttered, the tone of her voice quickly changing.

Ian scoffed to himself and shifted his eyes away before speaking up. You're right, you're not... you're a horrible person" he spoke bluntly. "And for the last time I don't want anything to do with you, Miranda. We are over. We were over years ago when you ruined what we had so what could you possibly have to say to me?".

There was a brief pause over the phone till she spoke back up. "You deserve to know, after all these years... I can't keep it from you anymore, I feel like I've already hurt you enough. I do care about you, Ian".

"You know what, whatever. I know what you're gonna say. You're gonna trick me and manipulate me like you've always done into being with you. talk I'm done Miranda, there's nothing important that you could possibly say to me, so I'm begging you to just stay out of my life for good".

Before she could say another word, he quickly hung up the phone, before running his hand down his face in frustration and taking a deep breath. His emotions began to rise high, which was what tend to happen with her. Despite how much he hated her, he couldn't deny she easily got under his skin, he couldn't deny the longing impact she would always have on him and he despised that more than anything. Maybe it was because she was the first woman he ever loved, the first woman he slept with and did everything with. Maybe it was because despite how much she hurt him in the past, he always forgave her each time, only to end up leaving him in the end, and that was something he still felt bitter about, despite his strong hatred for her.

Moments later, his thoughts were quickly interrupted by the sound of the front door quickly opened and he looked over to see Angela stepping out in a hurry.

"Ian?... hey what are you doing here, I thought you were busy in Seattle" she said, whilst she held her phone, purse and car keys in her hands.

"I am, I'm heading back there in the evening, I just came to sort some things out in the Office here in Detroit" he replied briefly.

"Oh I see, well my mama and Precious are inside, they're about to head over to the airport for their flight to New York, and I wish I can stay and talk, I'm running late somewhere, but we'll talk later on the phone" she tapped him on the shoulder, before going to walk past him and over to her car.

"Angela, wait" he uttered, as he quickly grab hold of her arm to stop her from walking any further. "There's actually something I came to talk to you about" he said.