-Chapter 20-

The Next morning over in Michigan was filled with an ominous brittle silence as Precious headed over to her first class of the day, alongside James.

The cold that had seemed mild at first now numbed her face and extremities. What residual hear she had absorbed back at her dorm was now gone as she zipped up her winter jacket, breathing out a cold husk of air. She continued to stroll through her campus, before pushing her head back to glance up at James as he finished his call before trailing his eyes down to face her. They walked in slow silence for a little while, before he finally decided to speak up.

"Its really cold this morning, I think it might snow soon, you know before Christmas, maybe before we get of for winter break" he uttered, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah, I think you're right" she replied, glancing up at the dull grey skies and the slight fog in the distance.

"I know that its started snowing in some parts of the country... like in New York, my uncle lives there, its snowed a shit ton last night apparently" he spoke as Precious quickly froze up, slightly pursing her lips together, before quickly clearing her throat.

"So, do you think Professor Shane is gonna ask us to review our short films again for the third week?" she asked, deciding to change the subject, whilst she clutched onto her backpack on her back.

"I'm not sure, but I hope not, he literally sucks the life out of everything" he groaned as they both laughed. "So why isn't Gabrielle coming to classes with us today?" he asked.

"She's still in bed. Something happened yesterday when you and I got back from the restaurant and she said she doesn't feel like doing anything today, and I don't really blame her " Precious responded briefly.

"What happened?" he questioned.

She ran her fingers through her scarf as she looked straight ahead before speaking up. "Well... you know her boyfriend, Will? when she left yesterday they went to this club and he wanted her to have a threesome with some girl they met there. She wasn't down for it, so he said a lot of mean things to her and dumped her and then left her out in the cold and she came back to our dorm late at night crying... it made me so angry how he treated her" she hissed, slowly shaking her head.

"Wow... that's really fucked up" he trailed off, breathing out. "No one deserved that. The two of us don't get along, but I hope she's okay" he said.

"I'm gonna go check up on her after our first class and bring her some food to cheer her up, so just so you know, I'll be at out next class a little late" she spoke, before rubbing her hands together to heat it up.

"You're a really good friend" he muttered, smiling down at her. She tilted her head up to smile back, before they continued walking in silence. "So, there's something I wanna ask you" he spoke up, moments later. 

"What is it?" she asked.

"Everyone's been talking about the new Superhero film that's coming out this week and I wanted to ask if you wanted to go see it this Friday?" he slowly drifted off.

"I heard about that, I really wanna go see it to. I'll invite Gab, she's been talking about it and-"

"Actually, I was hoping it would be just the two of us" he said, quickly cutting her off her sentence.

She paused and stopped dead in her tracks before shifting her eyes up to face him. For a brief moment her face washed blank with slight confusion, like her brain cogs couldn't turn fast enough to process what just happened from her wide eyes. "Um..." she trailed off, trying not to stumble on her words. "If its just the two of us then it'll be-"