-Chapter 14-

____________________________

-Two weeks later-

_____________________________

It was Monday afternoon; Precious had just finished her final class of the day and was walking down her campus hallway, along with her two friends Gabrielle and James.

As she listened to Gabrielle rant on about something, her mind was in another place completely different. She hadn't been able to stop thinking about what happened with her and Ian at the gala. It was why she had been avoiding him and was refusing to go back home on the weekends, in fear of having to face him again.

When he kissed her, it had taken her by surprise. She never expected that to happen, especially due to the fact that he was Chris' uncle, and that made her feel even more guilty. For the past two weeks, numerous thoughts had been running through her mind about why he did what he did. Could he possibly be interested in her, or did he simply just do it in the heat of the moment?. As confused and bewildered as she felt, she was even more terrified of knowing the answers to that question.

Almost six months ago when he had decided to remain in Michigan and give up his life in LA after Chris had left to New York, it had confused her as to why. She didn't expect him to check in on her everyday and look out for her, and although she found it a little strange at first, she realized that he was simply protecting her and taking care of her due to her broken heart. They had spent a lot of time together ever since late April, and she deeply appreciated his time and company. She saw him as a friend, and like an older brother she could confide in, but little did she know that despite the age difference between them, he saw her as something more. It made her wonder how she never noticed the way he looked at her for a little too long, how tender he was to her and how he gave her everything she wanted, even when she didn't need to ask. She had never been more confused, and although her and Chris were broken up, she knew that he would be furious if he ever found out.

Shaking away her thoughts moments later, she breathed out a quiet sigh and clutched onto her, before turning her attention back to Gabrielle. 

"I still can't believe Professor Shane called me out in class and threatened to expel me in-front of everyone all because I said that I didn't like the movie Call of the wind" Gabrielle groaned, throwing her hands in the air. "Like I'm sorry that I'm not about a movie that glorifies black people being happy as slaves in a racist time period... what a fucking joke" she stated briefly.

"He threatened to expel you because you called him a sad old man who failed in his film career so he resulted to teaching instead" James spoke up, arching his brow at her.

"And he deserved it, right Precious?" said Gabrielle, rotating her head to glance down at her as she scoffed lightly. "That reminds me, Precious. I have a favor to ask you, and girl please don't say no".

Precious furrowed her eyebrows and pursed her lips slightly, before speaking up. "What is it?" she asked, a little puzzled.

"Well..." Gabrielle trailed off, placing her hand on her hip. "You remember that boy; Will, I told you I met on Campus last Thursday?" she asked, as Precious slowly nodded. "Well he asked me to go to this club not far from campus tomorrow night. His friend is coming along, and I told him I'll bring one of my friends to make it a double date, so... how would like to?-"

"No" Precious spoke, quickly cutting her off.

"Oh girl c'mon, why not?" she groaned. "Look his friend's name is Martin, he's a student athlete, not to mention tall and fine as hell. He looks like a younger version of Michael B. Jordan".