-Chapter 27-

_________________________________

-A Month later-

__________________________________

It was late morning in Michigan and Precious was walking over to her dorm alongside James.

They held hands as they strolled side to side, before going to walk past a group of people. Moments later, she turned to glanced up at him as he spoke to someone on the phone.

A week from today; Chris would be coming back to Michigan for her College film screening and as excited as she was to see him again, she'd be lying if she said she wasn't feeling a little nervous, mostly due to the fact that she hadn't told James about it yet. She didn't really see it as a big deal as she would never do anything to hurt him, but there was still that lingering thought at the back of her mind that she couldn't shake. It didn't matter when or where they were, as soon as her and Chris' eyes meet they often found it difficult to look away, and she knew she was going to have to keep herself in control for the entire evening.

Taking a deep breath, she traced her fingertips against the side of her jeans, before speaking up. "Uh, James I have to tell you something" she mumbled quietly as he hung up the phone.

"One of my old High School friends just told me she's coming next week so that's pretty cool... sorry, what did you say?" he asked, glancing down at her.

She stared up at him for a short while, before slowly shaking her head. "Never mind its nothing" she replied, flashing him a smile. He smiled back down at her and let go of her hand, before going to wrap it around her shoulders, and she draped her arm around his waist as they carried on walking.

As they arrived outside her dorm a few minutes later, Precious reached inside her pocket for her key, but stopped as she heard shouting coming from inside. She furrowed her eyebrows confusingly and looked up at James who held a puzzlingly look on his face. She slowly released her arm from around his waist and went to take a step forward, till the door rapidly flung open a split second later, and she quickly looked up to see Will storming out the door with a furious expression on his face as Gabrielle stormed off behind him.

"What part of leave me alone don't you get?! that's right get your ass outta here!" she yelled, before throwing something at his back as James quickly pulled Precious to the side.

"Shut up, bitch! you ain't that fucking special anyway. I feel sorry for the person that's gonna have to put up with your crazy ass!" he fired back, turning back around to face her.

"Oh really? weren't you the one that came begging for another chance after I dumped your ass already? I should've known all you really wanted was to fuck and then throw me away like I was another one of your dirty side hoes. That's all you niggas ever want anyway, man fuck you!" she yelled louder as people began to slowly come out their rooms to see.

"Fuck you too! you know you ain't worth shit and the sex was wack anyway like you. When you told me about how all your ex boyfriends left you, I felt sorry for you, but now I clearly see why. You're an overbearing stuck-up bitch who think she's all that when you're really full of shit, no one gives a fuck about you and no one ever will!" That was the last thing he said, before he turned around and stormed down the corridor, ignoring the stares he was getting along the way.

As thick and heavy silence floated in the air, Precious slowly stepped away from James and over to Gabrielle. As she began to cry, she quickly wrapped her arms around her and pulled her in, placing her head down on her shoulder and comforting her the best way she can.