-Chapter 38-

A few days later, it was the middle of the night and Chris and Precious were sat on a bench far across town as they waited for Sebastian's arrival.

With Precious sat on his lap and her head resting on his shoulder; his mind swirled with different thoughts, mostly on what had went down during the past week. Seeing his father each and every day and breathing in his presence was still something he was getting used to after spending a long year thinking he was dead. Now with their plan ahead, he couldn't help but worry if everything would truly fall into place, more importantly if he would be able to get through to Sebastian. Despite being so many possibilities where it could all go left, he was determined to do anything end everything to stop that from happening. He had just gotten his father back after a long year and for the first time in his life he had a relationship with him that he had always dreamed of. Second chances like that usually don't happen to a lot of people, he wasn't the type of person that was given a chance at anything, but now it felt like a new beginning, one that this time last year he would've never imagined to ever become a possibility.

As he pushed his head back to look up at the starry night's sky, Precious lifted her head up from his shoulder. With one arm draped around his neck, she used the other to cup his cheek, before leaning down to place a kiss on his lips. 

Whenever she kissed him it always feels like he's coming home. She tastes like the sweetest thing he could ever imagine, like pure heaven, happiness and hope all in one. She likes to kiss him slowly, to drink him all in one, breathe against his mouth and smile when he moans of satisfaction, knowing that her and only her could give him that sort of pleasure. He always made her feel like something he couldn't live without, something he always craved and desired each and every day and even though they were now back together, he never stopped showering her with affection, flirting with her and treating her like he was still trying to win her back. It was the way she deserve to be treated, the way she deserved to be loved, and she knew that there was nobody else for her but him.

After pulling away from the kiss moments later, she peered down into his hazel eyes; smiling as his arms tightened around her waist. She then began to run her fingers through his soft full hair, before spotting a hint of worryness and uncertainty in his eyes.

"Baby, are you sure you can do this? what if he doesn't wanna help us and goes and tells Frank everything like Val said" Precious spoke up, staring down at him.

"I'm not a hundred percent, but I gotta give it my best shot, but I think when he hears that Frank killed their mother instead of him he'll change his mind, I hope" he breathed out, gently running his hand down her thigh. "Just don't worry about it, baby, I have it handled".

He pushed his head further back and breathed out a deep and heavy breath, whilst closing his eyes and thinking back to last week.

"I still can't believe my dad is alive..." he mumbled quietly, speaking back up. "I can't believe he did this all for me and for us. Its like sometimes I think I'm dreaming, but he reassures me I'm not. I know that he's going to die for real some day, but I hope that isn't for a long long time, because right now I don't wanna lose him again, I can't lose him again".

Precious ran her hand down his face as she shifted closer to him on his lap. "I'm glad that you both have each other again and things are different now. I hope it stays that way" she muttered, leaning in closer to him.

Chris placed a soft kiss on her forehead as the Summer night's breeze swept past them. "I'm sorry this Summer wasn't what you expected" he whispered.

"No..." she muttered slowly shaking her head. "It doesn't matter what's happened this past month, because I got to be with Val, Ian, Ralph and most importantly you. It doesn't matter what's happening around us as long as I get to be with you, that's all that matters to me" she said, as a smile began to appear on his face. "And I know that I only have a left month before I have to head back to Michigan for College, and I wish it was longer because I don't wanna leave because I know that we might have to do long distance and-"