Chapter Four: USJ

Your pov
     After hours of taking a well needed nap, I woke up more tired than I was. Dinner was just about ready as the smell wafted towards my room. "Food...." I muttered groggily as I opened my door and walked towards the kitchen.

     As I was walking, the three cats jumped on me. Popsicle went on my right shoulder, Nala took the left, leaving Damian to hop into my arms. A purr came from Damian as I scratched behind his ear. As I entered the kitchen, I heard arguing coming from the living room. My ear twitched as I listened into the conversation.

"You spoil that girl too much." My mother said.

"But honey! She's not gonna be our little girl anymore! She's already in high school. I just wanna have a few more good years with my little girl."

"I know, and I understand that. But we can't keep babying her. She's going to be in battle when she graduates, and you can't always stick by her side to help. We need to let her grow up."

"I understand, dear. But just for the rest of today?"

     A pause occurred. Finally, she answered. "Okay... the rest of the day."

     I could hear the exciment in my father as he hugged my mother. "Thank you!" He split the hug and basically dragged her back into the kitchen.

     I was sitting in a chair next to my older brother- still with the cats on me. "Little sis, if fur gets in my food... I'm sueing you and your cats." He joked.

"If fur get in your food, you wouldn't notice and eat it. Besides... you loooove Damian." I joked as I held the irritated black cat up to Marco.

     His shoulders slumped as he sighed before grabbing Damian and putting him in his lap. "You're right." Then he laughed while I gave a slight smile.

     With my lap freed up, Popsicle and Nala took over Damian's spot. "Miss! Look! Look!" Popsicle nodded his head towards me.

     I turned my gaze down towards him and found a red collar with a shiny silver tag on it. The name 'Popsicle' was written in a large goofy font as it dangled from his collar. "Nice color. You choose or them?"

"I did! And look! Nala and Damian have one too!!"

     My gaze searched for the collars on the other two cats. Nala had a light pink collar with the same silver tag with her name engraved in a fancy lettering. Damian had a white collar to contrast his dark fur with a golden tag and his name engraved in a bold, fierce font. I complimented them both on their amazing looking new collars. "Hey, sis? How the hell did you sleep through that arguing?"

"Part cat, Polo, part cat."

"Oh yea- don't call me that!" I chuckled before my parents had entered the kitchen.

     My mother saw the cats near the table and scowled. My father gently poked her side and gave a face of 'you promised'. She sighed and prepared to gives us all out food. "Had a good ass nap, kit?"

"I'm more tired than I was."

"That means more naps afterwards!" He grinned as he fist pumped the air.

     We all laughed- even my mother who has now finished setting our food. Before I ate, I filled a cat bowl full of food for the cats to eat as well. We all ate our food and talked during the meal. We all finished and washed our own dishes before doing what we choose.
     My mother went to read; my father went to exercise; Marco was playing with Damian; Nala watched over them making sure Damian didn't get hurt like she was his mother; and Popsicle and I talked. As I was dozing off, Popsicle placed a fluffy paw on my cheek. "You look tired, Miss."