Chapter Twelve: Ice Cream

Your pov

     We all sat down at the large table where the cats were. On my left was Koji while Katsuki sat on the right; the cats sitting on my lap. Everyone talked to each other as they waited for their ice cream.

     After minutes of talking, we received our ice cream. Everyone either got a cone or a large glass cup of ice cream. I was given two small bowls of vanilla and their specialty, which, unfortunate for me, was a large glass bowl of what seemed to be the shiney, sweetest ice cream I've ever seen in my life. Just looking at the large bowl gave me a sweet overload and a tooth ache. On top was a large pile of whipped cream with a singular cherry on top.
     I took the cherry from the top and stared at the ice cream. 'This looks way too sweet. What am I gonna do with this?' Suddenly, someone spoke to me- taking me out of a staring contest with a bowl of diabetes. "Wow! You got a (ice cream place name) specialty?! For free?! It's so good!" Ochaco exclaimed from her seat in front of me.

"You want it? I don't like sweet things."

     She grew flustered and tried to talk her way out of it until I pushed the glass bowl to her. She profusely thanked me before she took a spoonful of it. I turned to see Shoto, who was sitting between Izuku and Ochaco, staring at me intensely. When he saw I was paying attention, he motioned with his head gently and stood up. I moved Katsuki out of the way and followed- though, I had Katsuki bark at me for pushing him.
     Once we were a few tables away, he spoke. "I'm leaving early." He simply stated in his stoic tone.

"For sure. Why though?" I tilted my head, curious.

"I'm visiting my mom."

"Ahh." I remember hearing about how his mother was sent away because of his dad. "Well, take her something too. How about some ice cream since you're here."

     He thought it over for a moment before nodding gently. We went to the register, and he ordered a simple vanilla scoop with a single chocolate dipped strawberry on the top. He held the single bowl in his hand and prepared to pay for it. "I'll take care of it. Go see your mom." I gave him a smile and nodded to the door.

     He returned the smile and nodded, heading out of the door. "How was your ice cream? Did you like it?" Marci asked nervously.

"It's very sweet for me, so I didn't try much of it." 'Or any of it.'

"I'm so sorry about that! Is there anything I can do?" Her brows furrowed in anxiety.

"Could I just get a small bowl of the cherries?" I made a small bowl with my fingers.

"O-of course! I'll get that right now!" She rushed to grab a small glass bowl and filled it with the cherries.

     She hurried back and handed me the small bowl. I gave her a thanks and a smile before sitting back down. "You're awfully chummy with icy hot." Katsuki snarled.

"What? You're jealous now? Little mutt is jealous he's not the center of my attention?" I snarked back.

"No!"

"Mhmm." I turned away and grabbed a cherry and bit into it.

"What's that?" Popsicle sniffed the small bowl of cherries with a small patch of ice cream on his whisker filled cheeks.

"Cherries. Want one?"

      He nodded slowly. I stabbed the small cherry with my claw and handed it to Popsicle. He licked it first before gently taking the small fruit from my claw. He munched on it for a few moments before weowing in delight. The other cats noticed he enjoyed it and asked for one as well.
     I gave each one of them a cherry, and they all enjoyed the tasty berry. I smiled lightly as they went back to their ice creams. I made sure Popsicle and Nala shared one while Damien and Kushi shared one. Both Damien and Nala licked the ice cream hesitatingly as they watched the other lick the ice cream with no delay. As I watched the cats, a hand reached its way to my bowl.
     I didn't try to stop it, but instead I stared and waited to see what it would do. The hand belonged to Ejiriou. His hand slowly approached a cherry that was in the bowl. He quickly took it and ate it. I meowed sadly, as I had not wanted to share with anyone but the cats.