Chapter Thirteen: Turning Human

Your pov

     We entered a nearby pet shop and began to gather things we needed. We grabbed a few large bags of cat food, some bowls, many large beds, multiple bottles of shampoo, brushes, nail clippers, and a few toys. I could make treats at home if needed. We placed everything on the counter which confused the clerk as to why we needed so much stuff. He didn't ask and rang everything up.
     We paid for it and began to walk home. Dad carried all of the food while I took everything else. Sometimes the bags would slip from my grasp, but I still managed to hold them. We made it inside and found a large empty room for all of this.
     I placed the large beds in a corner while I set up toys near the center of the room. In the left corner near the door is where we kept the food bowls. I placed all of the grooming supplies into the unused bathroom near the cat room. Once everything was set up, we heard a few meows coming from outside.
     Both dad and I opened the door to find the cat from earlier with around twenty other cats. "Hope you haven't forgotten our deal?"

"You're just in time. Let's get you guys fed and then we'll wash you up." I motioned for them to follow me.

     Dad put food and water in each bowl, and we waited for each cat to get their fill.

     Once he was satisfied, the cat leader made his way to me. "I'm not one for groomin'." He eyed me cautiously.

     I brought out my treats laced with catnip. "That won't be a problem. But the younger ones aren't allowed to have any. At least a year old." I pointed to the crowd of cats.

"Everyone's old enough. Minus about three of 'em." I nodded and made my way to the bathroom.

     The strays followed close behind. With dad, myself, and many strays, the bathroom filled up. Lucky for us, the bathtub was large enough to have at least half of them in first. "Alright. Half of you will be getting cleaned first. I want the oldest ones to come up first."

     A good portion of the cats came up. The water was at a warm temperature with many bubbles around. I gave them each one treat before getting them into the tub. They didn't move, due to the catnip, which allowed me to easily wash them up.

     Once their fur was thoroughly cleaned and rid of anything gross. I quickly dried them off with a towel and handed them to dad. He then cut their fur and blow dried them to give them more floof. He cut their nails and made sure everything looked good.
     I emptied the tub and rinsed it out before filling it once more to clean the other half of the cats.

     Dad repeated the process of grooming the other half of the cats as I carried as many of the already groomed ones to the large beds in the room. I placed them down gently on the beds and repeated this until every cats was inside the room.

     I nodded to dad showing I could handle the rest. He patted my head and went to work out. I turned to the kittens playing around and spoke to them. "Tell your leader or whatever he is that the window over there will be open for you guys to leave and come back it. This door will always be closed, but you can press this to let me know if you need anything." I pointed to a small buzzer by the cat bowls.

     They nodded and turned back to play with the ball of orange yarn. I smiled and closed the door.

     I yawned and enter the studio. Even though I really wanted to sleep, I had to hurry and get these songs and dance moves memorized. 'Urgh. This is so much. Why did it have to be my year?' I questioned as I stared at the long list of songs.
     The list went from youngest to oldest. It started with Matt, Cassie, myself, Bryan, Jess, Tammy, Laurie, Brittany, Polo, Chris, Sam, Kara, Bryan's dad, Bryan's mom, my mom, my dad, my aunt, my uncle, Remi, and whoever would get choosen from the crowd as a request. Before I could start with Matt's song, small scratches could be heard from outside the studio doors.
     I opened the door and Popsicle, Nala, Kushi, and Damien rushed in. "Woah! This is a big room!"