Chapter Nine: My Match and a Call

Your pov

     Izuku had returned from his match and sat next to Iida, Ochaco, and Fumikage. Now, the next match was starting- after announcing it of course. "Thanks for waiting! Next up is... these guys! He's good! He's good, but what's with that plainness he just can't get rid of? From the hero course, it's Hanta Sero! Versus- taking second, then first in the prelims! You're way too strong, kid! He wasn't recommended for admission for nothing! Also from the hero course, it's Shoto Todoroki! And now, for the second match of the finals- ready... start!"

     The match started by Hanta shooting his tape around Shoto and trying to throwing him out of bounds. Before he could throw him over, Shoto placed his foot down and ice came out, covering Hanta and created a large iceberg just overhead of us. I shuddered from the cold and brought my tail closer to me. "Sero is immobilized! Shoto advances to the second round!" Midnight called out.

     The crowd was silent until someone yelled, "dont worry about it!" Which caused the crowd to chant it.

     Shoto then approached Hanta and began to unfreeze him with his left. 'I knew this would be over quick.' They had to put the matches on hold while they got rid of the ice.

     After what seemed like forever, they cleared the ice. "Everbody, sorry for the long wait! The stage that was frozen in the second match is finally dry, so on to the next match!"

"Here." Portable charger gave me my cord back and stood up.

     I took it and put my charger in my pocket. "The assassin from Class B! Pretty things have thorns, you know! From the hero course, it's Ibara Shiozaki! Versus- Sparking Killing Boy! From the hero course, it's Denki Kaminari! Now, we'll have a super flashy battle this time too-" he was interrupted by Ibara.

     She asked why he called her assassin when she finds victory in not taking lives. He gave an apology before she rambled on about salvation. "What kind of cult is she starting up?" I muttered.

     I heard a stifled chuckle come from my right. It was Katsuki. 'I didn't think he'd laugh at something lame like that.' I ignored it and continued to watch. Once she re-took her place across from portable charger, their match begun.
     Portable charger started the match by releasing a large amount of electricity, to which she dodged by using her vines to protect her. While her vines stopped her from being electrocuted, other vines reached a "whee'd" out portable charger and wrapped him up.

"It was decided in an instant! I'll say it once more! An instant!" Present Mic announced.

"Shiozaki advances to the next round!" Midnight spoke.

     The crowd roared for her. As they carried they whee'd portable charger to the nurse, Izuku began muttering about his Quirk and Ibara. If her Quirk was like Kamui. Needless to say, it was annoying. "Now, it's time for the fourth match! We're just gonna keep telling along! Rush headlong towards the top! It's like he's the epitome of the middle of the pack! From the hero course, it's Tenya Iida! Versus- fully equipped with support items! From the support course, it's Mei Hatsume!"

     Tenya had equipment on, which was against the rule unless they signed a petition. He bowed in apology and began to talk about Mei. Midnight loved his little speech so much she allowed it. "Well, since permission's been granted, let's start the fourth match!"

     Tenya started by rushing at Mei as she stood still in wait. She had a speaker with her somehow. She began to speak as he continued running. As he reached her, she lifted herself up with her equipment. She tripped Tenya while doing the same move and seemed to mess with his equipment.
     He almost fell out of the barrier if it wasn't for his equipment. Next, her boots made her float easily over Tenya. She then shot a net at him. She continued to talk about her inventions for ten minutes before finally stepping out of the boundaries.
     I lifted my head off of Katsuki's shoulder which I used as a rest and yawned. "Finally. I almost passed out." I stood up and stretched. "Wish me luck, mutt." I gave a smile and chuckled before exiting to go to the stage.