𝐨. the harvest

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 - the harvest

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 Ophelia had spent inside the prison world would portray her as mad. She awoke, alone in the middle of a street that was completely unrecognizable to her. She didn't bother to look around, all her mind could focus on was the brother that was missing from her side.

From the moment their siphoning powers were discovered by the family, they were treated as if they were nothing. They were segregated from the family, forced to watch their siblings dance around the home with all the happiness in the world whilst they, the abominations, were restricted to their rooms.

They would eat after everybody else had finished, they had restrictions on using their own bathrooms. Their parents no longer trusted them; the once loving glances towards their children turned malicious, they no longer saw their children, they saw monsters.

Ophelia and Malachai were one and the same and thus, they stuck by one another's side. The details of their shared mistreatment was a gory and tragic tale, and more often than not, Ophelia would step up and stand in front of her brother. She wouldn't show her parents fear as she faced them with nothing but fire in her whiskey-colored eyes.

It was true about what they said about shared trauma bringing people closer together. Ophelia and Malachai were not just brother and sister; they were best friends; they were all each other had.

And so, when Ophelia awoke without him by her side, her heart had thudded violently and threatened to break free from its bone cage. She had spent hours traversing through the city she had landed in; New Orleans.

New Orleans was a beautiful city, one she could appreciate. What she could not appreciate, however, was the barrier placed around the entire city. The first time she had tried to cross, it had burned her; her skin sizzled as she hissed in pain. She made a day of it and walked around the entire city, testing if the barrier had any holes or flaws and even tried to siphon it. Nothing worked. She had screamed and cried until her lungs ached in pain. She was stuck and all alone.

⋆⋆⋆

It was a random day, well, not exactly, it was always May tenth, nineteen ninety-four inside the prison world. But In the real world, where days still passed and time when on, it was just a random day. Ophelia had awoken to complete silence just as she always did.