𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the departure

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 — the departure

━━━━━━━

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 days Ophelia was down and out, her veins burning and her blood boiling as she screamed inside of her own mind at the pain. She had absolutely no idea of the things that had transpired in the French Quarter whilst she stayed trapped within her own mind.

She had been in utter agony; black veins as dark as coal had crept up from her fingers and toes to the very base of her jaw; like vines. She had heard some voices around her; but nothing that was decipherable, it was like she had been underwater.

Thankfully, the second the veins had begun to creep back from wherever they came from, her hearing cleared and her body felt stronger almost immediately

Rebekah had been cornered by a gaggle of werewolves; each flooding her veins with their venom which prompted certain memories to resurface. She had been taken to an old sanitorium where she had once worked, many years ago. Klaus had been taken to the same place, though whilst he wasn't flooded with venom like his sister, he was in a constant state of suffering.

As it seemed, Genevieve; the one who had taken both Rebekah and Klaus to the sanitorium, didn't want to cause Klaus pain, but enlighten him of his little sisters' prior betrayal; a secret that none other than Marcel knew of. Rebekah and Marcel had been sneaking around with one another, despite Klaus's previous warnings, and in their fear of Klaus finding out; they summoned Mikael, the Mikaelsons father.

Genevieve had managed to work her way into their minds, able to make Klaus see exactly what Rebekah was reliving. He saw the betrayal, and Genevieve used her hold on the original hybrid and told the man that his little sister and her secret lover wished to relieve themselves of Niklaus Mikaelson for good.

Elijah had been on a quest of his own; he had confronted Monique and demanded his sibling's location, and as ever, the witch was cryptic. His skin had been marred with names, a puzzle he had to solve in order to find both Klaus and Rebekah. He had also demanded that the young witch tell him what had happened to Ophelia only to find out that she was simply an obstacle and was being kept out of the way for the time being.

Elijah, with the help of Marcel, had cracked the code; all worry for Ophelia being pushed to the back of his mind, despite how hard such a chore proved to be. Marcel, had taken it upon himself to finally spill the plan both he and Rebekah had enacted all of those years ago. He told Elijah exactly who they had brought to the city. Elijah was, of course, overcome with anger, though Marcel managed to quell the emotion, for the time being, stating that they needed to rescue the missing originals and break whatever spell had been placed on Ophelia first and foremost.