𝐱. the late night swim

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 - the late-night swim

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 was bitter and only grew colder as the sky grew darker. The shades of blue and orange slowly darkened into a midnight blue, black breaking through and plummeting them into darkness if it weren't for the lights from the home and inside the pool, that is.

Though the air was cold and bit at Ophelia and Sophie, Hayley sat with just a pair of shorts and a light tank top, the air brushed her bare skin and yet not a single shiver erupted. Ophelia, from her seat beside Hayley, could feel the heat rolling off the wolf in waves as the cursed injection that was forced into Sophie boiled Hayley's blood.

Rebekah hadn't taken long to gather all of the herbs Sophie required; both she and Elijah assisted the witch as she prepared the concoction of herbs.

Hayley let out a heavy sigh and her face contorted as a ripple of pain shot through her, "Lia, I'm not gonna lie, I feel like shit."

Ophelia placed her hand against the wolf's forehead, recoiling at the temperature. "Right..." the siphon muttered to herself as she stood and shed herself of Elijah's jacket as well as her own cardigan, shoes and socks. Everyone looked towards her with slight confusion as she heaved Hayley to her feet, the young wolf complaining as she did.

The siphon directed her stare towards Sophie, "We need to do this now." her tone held no room for argument and as Hayley let out another huff of pain, Ophelia snapped her attention back to the wolf and carefully helped her into the pool.

"Why are we going swimming?" Hayley sighed as the cool water surrounded her burning skin.

Ophelia ignored the goosebumps that rose on her skin and the way her breathing quickened at the feeling of the ice-cold water, "You're burning up and you won't fit in the freezer, so, midnight swim it is."

The statement made Hayley laugh lightly as she allowed the siphon to pull her along. Sophie hopped in soon after with the mixture of herbs she had prepared in a cup. "The water, with the help of these herbs should cool us down." Sophie spoke as she waded through the water and held the cup out to Hayley who swallowed the mixture with a grimace at the bitter mix, "We need to get her heart rate down."

Ophelia rose a brow at the witch before letting out a deep sigh. The siphon faced Hayley and opened her arms, gesturing for the woman to come forward. Hayley did as instructed and once she was close enough, she frowned, "How are we gonna do that?"