𝐱𝐱𝐢. the saved

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 — the saved

━━━━━━━

𝐃𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 asleep in Ophelia's arms. The day had been a rough one indeed and it had clearly taken its toll on the poor girl. Rebekah had approached with a soft expression, holding her arms out to take the small witch into her arms and Ophelia let her. She knew she'd be safe.

Timothy had yet to wake and Ophelia could have only chalked it down to the fact that the boy had slammed his head rather harshly upon his decent to the cold ground. Joshua stepped forward with an awkward smile as he copied the actions of the original and heaved the young boy into his arms.

Ophelia walked between the two vampires that carried the unconscious children as they walked through the entrance of the compound. She had to grit her teeth, knowing the moment her eyes caught sight of Klaus, she'd want to siphon the life from him... only to do it again when his irritating immortal curse brought him back

Marcel was the first to rush forward, his eyes made contact with Ophelia before drifting to Timothy, "No..." he breathed. He knew how much his little witch cared for the young boy. His death would destroy her.

"He's alive," Ophelia muttered, fatigue seeping into her soft tone as she addressed the vampire.

"He is?"

"When you texted me, it got me thinking." then her gaze turned sharp, her eyes flooded with an unruly fire that Marcel had never seen before. She snapped her head towards Klaus who eyes her. Her voice was hollow, low and incredibly threatening. "How on earth could Klaus Mikaelson draw Davina out, hm? Me? Marcel? Josh? No, we were all safe." Her steps echoed through the silent compound as she approached the hybrid, "Then the stupid joke I said earlier replayed in my head; 'human sacrifice'... and so I thought of little Timothy... You used a child to draw out another, and then you poisoned them."

"And yet," he spread his arms wide as he gestured to the children, "here they are."

"But you'll wish you were not. Touch a hair on Davina's head and I will burn your city to the ground."

Elijah stepped forward with wide eyes, his hand held up and ready to break up the vocal fight before the siphon riled his brother up. Before he could speak, Ophelia held up her own and silenced him without moving her eye line away from the hybrid who at least had the decency to look the tiniest bit ashamed. 

"Marcel, take Davina to her room. Joshua, place Timothy in mine, wait with him, will you?"

Marcel needed no further instructions; he became a blur as he pulled Davina from Rebekah's arms and sped her to her room. Joshua nodded to himself, his eyes scanning the boy in his arms in sympathy before he too became a blur and sped to Ophelia's bedroom.