𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the shock therapy

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 — the shock therapy

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐃 started with quite a racket. Niklaus had taken to rifling –and that was putting it mildly- through Elijah's office; hands pulling books and papers from their dusty shelves, some tossed to the ground in a heap, others gathering in a mountain-like pile on the table in the center of the room. 

Ophelia had already been perched on the couch, her bored eyes watching as the hybrid pottered about and continued to make a mess. It seemed as though Nik was very intent on reobtaining their mother's old spell book, and Elijah, predicting that his brother was up to something dastardly, had taken it and hidden it away. 

Though neither Elijah nor Ophelia had specifically eluded to the fact that the noble original had taken it... simply... hinted, rather sarcastically. It was a mysterious case indeed. Very mysterious.

Ophelia just had to roll her eyes when Klaus  — in defense of Elijah spouting that he knew of Nik's conspiring with the wolves — brought up that he was 'simply trying to help those wolves'.

The siphon had known them for almost six months and the thought of Nik wanting nothing more than to help a gaggle of wolves was almost laugh-worthy. There was something more, there had to be. 

Everything was a game to the hybrid, and he wanted to win. The wolves could only have been a pawn, a chess piece to securing whatever victory his heart craved.

He had brought up a fair point that with their mother's spellbook, the wolves could become stronger; they could protect Hayley. The only issue with that was the fact that the wolves and vampires had been at it for decades, and Ophelia knew that if the wolves had even a shred of hope that they could overpower the vampires; they would.

New Orleans would become a warzone, nothing but blood and bones left in its wake.

Eventually, the little tiff between the brothers ended, and the room plummeted back into silence. Ophelia's eyes refocusing on her book, Elijah on whatever he was writing, and Nik sunk beside Ophelia in a huff; eventually tearing the book from her grasp to read himself; earning a flick to the forehead.

⋆⋆⋆

The name that later popped up on Ophelia's phone screen made her heart fill with guilt.

CAMILLE