𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. the quest for peace

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 — the quest for peace

━━━━━━━

𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃, 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 a couple, and yet without Rebekah Mikaelson filling the compound with her infectious chimes of laughter, her fluttering eyelashes and sarcastic comments — that were more often than not directed to the infamous Klaus Mikaelson — it seemed as if the months were really years. She was a light, and even though Ophelia knew that the girl was happy and finally had her freedom inside a manicured grasp. Ophelia did miss her.

They spoke on the phone, a lot. They would video chat, their laughter ringing out throughout the abattoir which would often draw forth Elijah's presence. He would join Ophelia's side, a rather carefree smile adorning his thin lips as he conversed with his sister that he missed oh so dearly.

Now, Rebekah and her beautiful set of eagle-like eyes could clearly see the difference within her brunette friend; the woman was open, relaxed and more carefree than ever. She could see the lingering looks between the siphon and her older brother, just as she could before. All she could think was, 'dammit Elijah, get the girl already', but alas, the noble stag never made a move bar from the soft touches and light pecks on the brunette's cheeks and foreheads as a greeting or a goodbye.

Of course, unbeknownst to them all, a certain hybrid would keep an ear on their conversations. A small twitch of his lips would occur with every melodic laugh of his baby sister, a stifled chuckle whenever Rebekah would simply demand that she and Ophelia would have to soon meet up with one another as they had 'things to discuss' though Ophelia would express her confusion and Rebekah's voice would turn teasing as she evaded any and all questions of the matter.

The months that passed were void of Davina; Marcel had sent her running along with her fellow witches in hopes that the young girl would overcome the demons inside her mind. Despite the young witch no longer possessing the power that she once did, Ophelia knew that Davina was the strongest of the Harvest girls to return. She had to be. After everything she had gone through, after every battle she had won... Those demons that battled her thoughts, the evil words of the ancestors... They were just another fight that Davina was sure to win. She may have just been a teenager but Ophelia knew that Davina Claire was more than she seemed.

She missed her, god did she miss her little witch.

But the witches that had 'taken her in' held her in a tight and close grip, one that was not willing to falter for anyone let alone a lowly siphon. Ophelia trusted that Davina would be alright; she was a strong girl and the witches would need all the magic they could get their grubby hands on.