𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the threat

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - the threat

━━━━━━━

𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 much a light sleeper. She found it difficult to fall asleep and any little noise would wake her; perks of a traumatic childhood and having to constantly be on guard. The siphon would sleep in one single position; on her front, one arm under the pillow and one leg raised. Davina however... a completely different story.

The young witch fidgeted like no other, throughout the nights that Ophelia slept over in the attic she would have limbs flying at her and smacking her awake. Which is exactly why the two variants of witch slept with pillows between them. Ophelia was all for battle scars, but getting a bruise from a sixteen-year-old witch because she couldn't sleep like a normal person? Not what she wanted.

Ophelia, as always, was awoken by Davina, the little witch was an early bird, she was awake by seven am, and proceeded to get ready for her day in the attic. Ophelia, try as she might, couldn't fall back to sleep and so, with a grumble she rose from the bed. Her wavy locks were only slightly messy seeing as she didn't toss and turn through the night.

The siphon slowly made her way to Davina's wardrobe that held a few items of clothing that belonged to Ophelia; she picked out a pair of light-wash mom jeans, a black bralette that allowed her locket to be on show, a black knitted cardigan that reached her knees and a pair of chunky black and white lace-up boots. It was a little colder when she had woken up so she covered her legs and arms to account for the weather, leaving her stomach on show, along with the small tattoo that rested on the side left side of her rib; a little cartoon ghost. There was absolutely no reason behind it, other than the fact that it was stupid and adorable.

She brushed through her copious amounts of hair, brushed her teeth, and covered her lips with a strawberry-scented chapstick. When she was finished, she collapsed on the bed with a light groan, wishing she could sleep a little longer.

Davina was already covered in smudges of charcoal as she started yet another drawing whilst Ophelia found the page she had dog-eared the night prior and continued to read the story she had read many times before.

"Do you think Elijah will stick to his end of the deal?" Davina questioned as her hand stilled, a crumble of charcoal falling to the ground.

Ophelia lifted her eyes to meet the back of the young witch's head. She knew that Elijah would keep up his end, he was considered the 'Noble one' for a reason after all. And though he never outright said it when she had walked him out, he definitely confirmed that he had a task that he needed Davina to complete. "He will."