𝐢𝐢. the dramatic introductions

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - the dramatic introductions

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 the young witch spent the day in peace. Davina drew as if her life depended on it and littered the floor with her incomprehensible scribbles whilst Ophelia laid back on the teen's bed as she scoured the internet on her phone, saving items to baskets and wish lists, she had another tab open; one where she did her best to research more about the witches of New Orleans. Though, as ever, the internet wasn't all that useful for supernatural information; which struck Ophelia as odd, seeing as nobody really put in all that much effort to keep their identities concealed.

Another scrap of paper fell to the ground, black charcoal lines covering it, "Davina?" Ophelia called and the young witch flinched out of her small daze.

"Yeah?"

"For the past few months, you've drawn nothing but..." Ophelia picked up one of the papers, twisting it in all directions before her face scrunched up, "well, nothing. Do these lines mean anything?"

Davina's shoulders slumped as she let out a hefty sigh. The teenager made her way over to the siphon and sat down beside her as she too looked at the drawing, "I don't know what they are, or what they mean. It's- it's like when I sense magic and I draw... but these... they're- they're evil."

"Evil huh?" Ophelia muttered as she gathered up the rest of the drawings and placed them on one of the tables. "How about we give you some inspiration for something else, get your mind off it?"

"Please."

"Okay..." Ophelia drawled out as she pursed her lips in thought before a teasing smirk grew on her lips, "Why don't you draw little Tim? The one you've told me so much about?"

For the months that Ophelia and Davina had spent together, the young witch couldn't quite keep her ever-growing crush on a boy named Tim to herself. She had spilt to the siphon that she had known the boy for years and that they went to school together.

Davina's cheeks grew rosy and she ducked her head with a small, lovesick giggle before she pattered her way over to the easel and proceeded to carefully map out some lines with her pencil.

Ophelia watched on as the blushing brunette did her thing. She couldn't help but admire the girl, she still had so much innocence and happiness radiating off of her even after everything she had been through, and though Ophelia wished that she didn't feel the connection between the two, it couldn't be helped. The siphon wanted to ensure Davina lived a long and happy life to make up for the witches had done to her.