𝐱𝐥. the letter

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 — the letter

━━━━━━━

𝐒𝐓. 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐂𝐇 was silent, bar the droplets of blood that dripped down the steps of the altar.

Hayley Marshall was gone, just a pile of bloodied sheets left in her wake; when she had awoken from what she, and those that cared for her, thought would be an eternal sleep... The sound that had torn from her parched throat was heart-wrenching.

Her shaking and red-tinted hands had brushed away the hair on Ophelia's cold forehead. Her neck had just a shallow wound; something that confused Hayley greatly... How could so much blood have poured from such a shallow cut?

But her head was not clear; thoughts of a dead best friend and a missing daughter plagued her mind... And so did a seemingly unquenchable thirst.

After the transitioning werewolf had finally managed to part from the body of her friend; the church returned to silence. 

Seconds of quiet in the bloody halls turned to minutes and then there was a gasp.

The blood-splattered body rose, with a chest that heaved and gasped for air.

Ophelia sucked in air, choking and spluttering as she cleared her throat of any lingering blood, fingers coming to shakily caress her neck, where her wound should have been.

Everything that had happened flashed before her eyes; Francesca betraying them, waking up in the church to the screams of Hayley and Klaus.

Hayley.

Ophelia rose to her feet at breakneck speed, stumbling slightly as she managed to catch herself. Her eyes trailed along the puddles of blood that lingered on the ground, seeping into the wooden floor. She could see everything more clearly, each splatter on the mahogany wood seemed brighter, more defined. Her head whipped around so fast that her neck clicked rather painfully.

"Right, enhanced speed..." She muttered to herself, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth as her steps echoed throughout the church. Her brows pulled together at the sight on the altar; white sheets stained with crimson was all that laid there; the body of her friend... Gone.

Ophelia wracked her brain for answers; she was a puzzle solver and she knew the Mikaelsons wouldn't have left her to rot in a church whilst they dutifully carried Hayley away... So the she-wolf must have... And then it clicked; baby Mikaelson had Niklaus's blood flowing through her veins... And therefore, so did Hayley; she had transitioned, Hayley was a hybrid.