𝐱𝐱𝐱. the reunion

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 — the reunion

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 the church had been put on hold; Elijah had taken into account everything that both Ophelia and Hayley had said about including the wolves and went about concocting his next little plan. Ophelia had politely declined to join the man with whatever it is he was to do. Mingling was not her strong suit.

And so, instead, she opted to join Niklaus who seemed to be in a rather pleasant mood as he ushered her into the room that was filled with numerous canvases, paints, and brushes. Sketches were piled up on a desk, old and new, some turning yellow on the old and creased papers. His hands were covered in splatters of pain, from electric-blue to periwinkle-purple.

For a short while, Ophelia simply watched the man as he managed to bring his painting to life, swipes of his brush adding dynamic colors and contrast before she finally settled on selecting a book from the vast array that lined the walls of the room; her hands seemed to gravitate towards those she had already read itching to pluck out a story with an ending she already knew; a habit she supposed. Knowing an ending... whilst some may have seen it as boring, she saw it as a means to no surprises, she knew how everything would play out.

"If you pick up Hamlet again, I might just drive this brush through your little beating heart." Klaus spoke up, his eyes never straying from his painting, though his lips certainly curled into his trademark smirk.

Ophelia chuckled, her fingers delicately dancing along said story's spine; it was old and creased from having been read so many times, its words digested over and over by so many sets of eager eyes. "Fine, I won't re-read the story of my namesake drowning to death, why do you like to spoil my fun?"

"Drowning is your idea of fun?"

"Perhaps."

Klaus scoffed in amusement, "No, you're far too much like me to see drowning as fun, drowning in blood perhaps..." he trailed off, genuine interest sparking in his eyes.

"Mm, sounds lovely." Ophelia rolled her eyes, her hands finally settling on pulling an old grimoire from the shelf, "You think I'm like you?"

"Well, we're both abominations, are we not? You have a beast lurking inside of you, we've seen it... Though I for one would like to see it in full swing. I bet you could be absolutely monstrous."

"I can be."

Klaus perked up at the ominous... Almost reminiscent tone of her voice. His paintbrush was carefully discarded, bristles meeting the murky water he used to clean his utensil, "Oh! Do tell, little thief."