𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the dramatics

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the dramatics

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐎𝐅 four walked in silence, the sound of leaves rustling as the small breezes blew past them. Twigs snapped beneath their shoes, as did fallen leaves that littered the soil and there were a couple of occasions that Ophelia had to latch her hand around Rebekah's bicep to steady the woman when her slim heels dug into the dirt and hindered her movement. The blonde would smile in thanks, followed by a small scowl that was completely free of malice when the siphon would hide a smile at the woman.

Elijah dutifully took up the rear of the group, a small, almost delicate smile on his thin lips as he watched the siphon interact with his sister. The odd mood that she had been in seemed to have disappeared in Rebekah's presence and though it sounded nonsensical; he felt rather put out that the woman whose eyes would normally dance with mirth and whose mouth that would spurt what could be perceived to be flirtatious jokes and sarcasm towards him, didn't.

Ophelia's eyes were immediately drawn to the expanse of water as they approached the glistening lake, following behind Eve. The older looking woman gravitated towards one of the tables that stood in the middle of the old encampment, he spread the old and crumple map out whilst keeping the sharp wooden stake clasped in her hand.

The stake hovered above the map as she began to point out certain areas to the small group of supernaturals, "Surrounded by 20,000 acres of swamp, the ones born here, who now know it like the backs of our hands, will be fine. But here--" the woman gestured with the stake, "-- newcomers from out of state. Not of Hayley's and my kin. But, word's spread about that baby of hers. A lot of werewolves wanna see this miracle pregnancy for themselves. Only now, the vampires are out looking for blood, and all these werewolves new at the Bayou might not know where to hide."

Ophelia could only imagine the shock that many of the wolves felt when they heard word of Hayley's little miracle bun in the oven. It was unheard of for a vampire to procreate, though, Klaus Mikaelson, the first wolf-vampire hybrid defied the laws of nature once again and managed to find a loophole. The baby truly was a miracle, in more ways than one. The child was not only a loophole of nature itself, but Ophelia was certain that she would bring the Mikaelson family together.

They protected one another, yes. But more often than not, the siblings held grudges against one another and would argue relentlessly. The baby would bring them together, they'd have one more thing to fight for.

Rebekah rolled her eyes as she impatiently placed her hands on her hips. "You say that like we're supposed to care."

Ophelia took a step closer to the map, her eyes trailing over the areas Eve had pointed to, small indents left by the stake. Her whiskey eyes flicked to Rebekah before landing on the white-haired woman. "What Rebekah means is; why are we supposed to care?"