𝐱𝐱𝐯. the cafe

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 — the cafe

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 days that followed the failed Harvest ritual weren't as bad as they should have been. Ophelia had expected things to play out the same way they did when she had lost Kai; she expected the loneliness to set in, she expected to scream until her throat finally had enough and she expected herself to find a way to make the pain stop.

But she didn't. Marcel came by the same night; the pair didn't speak, they simply sat in one another's company and drank until Ophelia passed out from the mixture of alcohol and fatigue. Rebekah visited and offered her condolences, telling the siphon that she would always be there for her.

Klaus came by and before he could utter a word, Ophelia read his face perfectly; he was guilty and wanted to apologize. She had told the man that she knew it wasn't his fault, he was simply the catalyst that sped up the arrival of the inevitable, but she also told him to keep his distance.

Klaus was the easiest to blame, the easiest to point a finger at and that was exactly what she told him. That her anger wasn't for him, he was just the easiest target to throw it at.

Hayley barely left the siphon's bedroom and the two became closer over the couple of days. Hayley had spilled why she had been acting rather odd for the previous days; she had overheard the conversation about Celeste between Ophelia and Elijah back at the bayou and when Sophie explained that she could become an elder by consecrating a powerful witch's bones; Hayley's mind went to Celeste. The wolf had invaded Elijah's privacy and snooped her way through his journals to find where the witch had been buried.

Ophelia had told the wolf outright that she had made the wrong choice, that she should have just asked the original, for she was certain he'd happily divulge. They had mulled about, Hayley eventually asking Ophelia to 'serenade' her, a comment that managed to draw out a small laugh from the siphon before she agreed and tapped away at the keys.

As for Elijah, he stopped by whenever he could, leaning in the doorway, waiting for the siphon and the wolf to actually notice him amidst their deep conversations, listening to the notes of the piano that flowed through the room as well as delivering some of his favorite pieces of sheet music, something that actually managed to bring a small spark of the light into her eyes again.

That black hole that festered deep within her heart still pained her, and the moment the company that stuck to her side like glue, left... that's when he tears and the anger came. That's when droplets of salty water would seep into her pillows and all whimpers would be forced to stay inside. It ached her, her body was numb the second she was alone, all thought of Davina — the little witch that saved her and the tiny sliver of humanity she had — would cripple her entirely.