𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the protective parents

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 — the protective parents

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 in an uncertain, fearful flash.

All had seemed completely and utterly ordinary whilst Ophelia, joined by Elijah, Nik, and Hayley, walked throughout the streets of New Orleans during the funeral procession. 

The ever-welcomed sound of jazz following behind them like a bee chasing the scent of sweet pollen. It was calm, and all was fine.

Their discussion was filled with guesses and accusations surrounding the bayou bombing, each coming to the conclusion that Hayley had most definitely been the target; and this, of course, had led to a rather agitated Niklaus demanding that Hayley return to the compound.

Ophelia hummed in amusement to herself as she had watched Hayley push away from their group, a scowl upon her face as she wrenched Nik's arm from her shoulders before she placed a hand on her swollen stomach and marched away.

"As tactful as ever, Nik." The siphon mused as she patted his arm, eyes alight as Elijah chuckled beside her.

The hybrid rolled his eyes and brushed the siphons teasing hand away, his own darting to straighten his jacket, "Oh bugger off."

With a rather large grin, Ophelia shook her head and quickened her pace, ready to join Hayley, "Right, well, I'll find better company then, you pouting child."

"I don't pout!"

Ophelia rose a brow as she spun on her heel, eyes narrowed as she moved her gaze over Nik's face, promptly ignoring the grin that Elijah was failing to conceal, "Oh, no, no, of course you don't Nik. Sure."

Before much else could be said, the siphon picked up her pace and headed towards Hayley who seemed to have parted from her short conversation with Camille. Her steps paused as she watched the wolf cough rather harshly into her balled fist, eyes blowing wide as a river of crimson blood covered her skin.

"Hayley!"

Her shouts immediately drew the attention of the two lingering Original vampires; each pushing through the crowds as quickly as they could to reach the pair. Ophelia joined Hayley's side, hands shaking as she watched the blood fall from Hayley's mouth.

The wolf looked from her bloodied hand to Ophelia as her head filled with white noise, "Ophelia?" she called weakly as her body slowly tumbled forward and Into Ophelia's awaiting arms.