𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. the rampage

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 — the rampage

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐀 had awoken she had called for Ophelia. She didn't want to see Marcel and she had threatened to burn Klaus alive if came anywhere near her... to be completely honest, Ophelia was certain she'd burn any of the vampires within the compound to a pile of ashes without blinking.

Ophelia had entered the room with a small, sad smile; she knew Davina wouldn't be happy with what she did, but she hoped the girl would see sense and be accepting that at least Timothy would live. Ophelia made the little witch promise to stay completely silent until she had finished explaining everything; why she sent Timothy away.

Davina hadn't quite stuck by her word, her unruly magic lit the candles in the room and a crack appeared in the mirror opposite her bed but Ophelia continued on despite the interruption. Her heart shattered at the sight of the young witch squeezing her eyes shut as salty tears rolled down her flustered cheeks. 

"I didn't get to say goodbye." Davina choked, her throat tightening at the thought of never seeing the young boy again. The thought was unbearable; he was the only thing left from her normal life, the only thing she had to remember what her life had been like before her family betrayed her.

"He wrote you a letter, here." Ophelia held out the pristine piece of paper, a single fold through the center that was left undisturbed. She didn't read it, not even a peek.

Davina's shaky fingers reached out and lightly closed around the folded paper. Her eyes were still filled with unshed tears that made her sea-green iris's glisten with utter heartbreak. She unfolded the paper, her eyes scanning the cursive words that Timothy had written just for her. She sniffled, more tears rolling off her cheeks. 

A sob broke through her lips, "He said... he said to not be mad at you, that you were doing what's best for me and him... for his family." she laughed through her tears, "He said he loved me. That even though he won't remember me, he'll always miss me."

Ophelia reached out a hesitant hand, unsure if Davina wanted to be alone, or if she'd even want to be anywhere near the siphon at all. But her small hand didn't move. She let Ophelia grasp it with a light squeeze before the waterworks started back up and the young girl flung herself at the older brunette.

Ophelia immediately wrapped her arms around the witch as she sobbed, "It's not fair."

"I know sweetheart..." Ophelia whispered, "It's not. Neither of you deserved this."