𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. the memory of a child

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 — the memory of a child

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 begun to set by the time Ophelia and the Mikaelson brothers had made it back to the compound. Klaus had parted from the two and went about doing... Whatever it is Klaus does, whilst Ophelia sighed and trudged her way up the stairs.

"That was a rather large sigh, are you upset that Niklaus has sought the help of another..." Elijah paused for a moment, keeping the word witch from slipping out of his lips, "...Person to construct the moonlight rings?"

"I'm not upset, Nik was right... If the vampires knew that I did it, well, I'd look like a three-course meal to them, wouldn't I? And because I'm a siphon I have to touch them to have any access to my magic, they know that and would use it to their advantage." she sighed in frustration.

Never before had being a siphon bothered Ophelia. She'd always been content with her abilities despite the way people treated her because of them; but now, when she could be doing something, anything to help... Well it wouldn't end well.

If she made the moonlight rings and just so happened to be in the Quarter alone without any magic flowing through her veins? She'd be dinner. How would her mortal body be able to stop fangs plunging into her neck... Or even multiple. How would she be able to stop a vampire if they simply used their strength and speed to get the best of her?

She felt useless and utterly weak.

Elijah watched as the woman made her way into the study and practically threw herself onto the couch, her black heels being flicked from her feet and onto the wooden floor with a harsh movement. He approached her slowly as she stared down at her scarred hands, lines of pink and white shining on her olive skin.

"I understand your predicament Ophelia, I know that — for some reason I have yet to fathom — You wish to do everything in your power to help my family, but perhaps this is for the best? You deserve a moment to rest. Since myself, Niklaus and Rebekah have arrived in this city you have been at our beck and call, please take a moment for yourself."

"That's not me, Elijah." Ophelia muttered as she dragged her eyes from her chipping nails to his oak gaze, "I can't sit around and do nothing if all of you need me."

"I never said anything about doing nothing." His lips quirked upon seeing her brows scrunch in confusion, her eyes blinking in question, "I believe Niklaus interrupted our previous moment of peace, I'm certain you remember the day; when you inhaled your tea?"