𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. the fading song

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 — the fading song

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐎𝐅 various supernatural creatures were all gathered in a single room on the lower floor of the compound. Eager, and yet careful eyes watching as Genevieve muttered away to herself, hands hovering above the stones that would grant the wolves of the bayou their much-anticipated freedom.

Ophelia had taken to standing beside Hayley, the tension and pull between herself and Elijah was far too strong to withstand, especially with Nikalus glancing between the two every now and then with his all-knowing smirk upon his face.

The siphon did her best to ignore him, rolling her eyes when she caught his own before she'd go back to concentrating on the words Genevieve spoke as she cast the moonlight spell; courtesy of Esters spellbook.

Things seemed to be going as smoothly as one would hope; no interruptions, no issues with the spell, and Nik was being relatively well behaved as he let the red-headed witch do her thing.

That is, until Francesca rushed into the room in a blur. She seemed... Panicked, but Ophelia could see through people; she could read people like a book, and Francesca's eyes didn't show a single slither of fear as she announced that Marcel was indeed on his way with his posse of vampires.

"Get them to safety," Klaus spoke as he turned to his brother, eyes moving between Ophelia, Hayley, and the brother he trusted with their safety.

Elijah nodded, eyes barely lingering as Niklaus disappeared in a quick blur. He made his way towards the girls, sighing inwardly as he watched the stubborn pair share a look between themselves, "Come with me."

"No. Somebody has to keep an eye on her," Ophelia spoke, as she looked Genevieve up and down; her skin twitching as she remembered the concoction of witch hazel the red-head had once plunged into her body.

"And that somebody needs to be you?"

Hayley groaned, unable to help herself from interrupting the two before they had a lovers spat, "No, it needs to be us. We'll make sure it gets done."

The original vampire fought the urge to run a hand down his face; never before had he met a pair of girls so stubborn and reckless as the two before him... But then again, never before had he met anyone who had the ability to make the Mikaelson family fall to their knees.

"You should help Klaus." Francesca piped up, "My brothers and their security detail won't be much against a vampire army. I'll stay with them."