𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the past

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the past

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐘 began normally, Ophelia had awoken and gotten herself dressed in a white dress that had small black stars dotted about here and there. It reached mid-thigh and had a rather deep plunge, but for her, it didn't show all that much off. A pair of heeled knee-high boots covered most of her revealed legs and clicked as she walked. Her entire body smelt strongly of rose, seeing as she had decided to neglect the vanilla body mist for once.

She had decided that the little awkward spell that had transpired between herself and Elijah the night prior didn't happen. Well, it did, but she was going to simply pretend as if nothing had happened and spare the pair of them any... tension.

Somehow, the second she was dressed and ready to begin the day and face whatever it decided to throw at her, Rebekah burst into the siphon's bedroom. The blonde looked as brilliant as ever; hair curled beautifully; eyes framed by her thick black lashes that scarcely needed the help of any make-up, and she was dressed in designer jeans paired with a simple shirt, jacket, and pair of heeled ankle boots. They certainly looked like quite the pair when stood next to one another.

Rebekah's glossed lips parted with excitement, "Ophelia, do you have any idea what day it is today?"

"...Tuesday?"

"No!" Rebekah exclaimed as she pouted, "Well, yes, technically." the blonde sighed as she picked up the bottle of rose-scented spray that Ophelia had placed down, spraying some on herself with a hum of approval, "It's the Casket Girl's festival, and I need a dress. You have impeccable fashion sense, come."

Ophelia blinked in response. Rifling through dresses in the middle of the streets in New Orleans did sound far better than waiting to be dragged into whatever nonsense the others would most likely have going on. So, with a smile, Ophelia grabbed her jean jacket and slid her arms in, and shoved her phone inside her pocket. "Can't think of anything better."

"This is why I like you."

"Because I look nice."

"That trait attracts more than me."

"What do you mean?" Ophelia questioned as she shut the bedroom door behind them, the pair walking side by side towards the stairs of the compound.

A cheeky smile erupted on Rebekah's face and before she could respond, her cerulean eyes caught sight of Elijah on the lower floor. Her pace picked up; the mischievous and matchmaking side of her coming to life, she most definitely wanted to see her brother's reaction to how stunning Ophelia looked.