𝐱𝐢𝐢. the pop-tarts

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 - the pop-tarts

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀'𝐒 head had hit her plush pillow, she passed out. For once she had actually managed to fall into a deep sleep without tossing and turning for an hour or two first. She had been completely drained; her body ached and she could barely keep her eyes open. The warmth of her bed was inviting and without a second thought, she wrapped herself into a burrito like state and she was out like a light.

She had no idea how long she had been asleep before she was, once again, rudely awakened. A loud groan left her lips as she flipped onto her side, blankets and pillows tumbling to the floor in a heap. Her sweater-clad arm stretched out and smacked the surface of her nightstand as she blindly searched for her phone before snatching it and bringing it to her ear as she answered the call, her eyes still shut.

"Hello?" She spoke groggily into the device, her voice much deeper and huskier than she thought it'd be, causing her to clear her throat and repeat the word.

"Ophelia?" Hayley's voice responded, "Did I wake you up? Sorry."

The siphon inhaled deeply as she forced herself to rise into a sitting position, the sound of her neck and back clicking echoed into the phone and caused Hayley to cringe on the other end. With a voice that sounded a lot less manly, and more herself, Ophelia lightly laughed, "Don't worry about it, are you okay?"

"I'm fine... but..."

"Hayley? What is it?"

A heavy sigh was emitted from the pregnant wolf as she chewed on her nails, "Klaus, he uh, he bit Elijah, we're stuck in the Bayou and I know that you've already done so much for us but... would you..."

"That family is a nightmare," Ophelia muttered to herself as she rubbed at her eyes with the back of a hand, causing colors and black dots to dance in her vision. "I'll be there, don't worry. Listen, if he runs a fever make sure he stays hydrated and try to keep him as cool as possible. I'll be as fast as I can."

"Thank you!"

"Oh, and hey, if he takes a turn for the worst, get out of there, got it?"

"Got it, see you soon."

With a quick goodbye of her own, Ophelia ended the call and threw the plain white covers off herself with a huff. At this point, she was counting down the days until she'd finally get a full night's worth of uninterrupted sleep. It wasn't looking like it would happen, ever.