𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the mortal

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 — the mortal

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 in motion.

Jackson and Oliver had been sent onwards to gather the stones that would be enchanted using Genevieve's magic, and in turn, they would grant the wolves immunity against the moon, they would grant the wolves the ability to turn at will, or not at all. They would no longer have to go through the pain of their bones breaking with every full moon.

The only problem was that the boys were late to return.

Ophelia couldn't quite say she was worried; despite Oliver being a brat and Jacksons uncanny ability to deal with said brat; neither of the two would do anything to jeopardise their one and only chance at getting those moonlight rings.

Though that seemed to be the very cause of Hayley's worrying. The she-wolf who looked ready to explode at a moment's notice was chewing at her thumb as her leg bounced with nerves, "They should be back by now... They should have been back two hours ago, Ophelia."

Ophelia's eyes moved away from where they were concentrated; on painting her pastel pink nails, and towards the clock that ticked away on her wall. Hayley was right, they were two hours late; something must have gone wrong.

With stiff movements, Ophelia managed to put away her nail polish with her still drying fingers, and haul herself to her feet, "We best go let Elijah know."

Hayley nodded, worry eating away at her as she hurried out of the room, leaving the siphon behind in her rush. Ophelia huffed and brought her fingertips towards her lips, blowing out hot air in an attempt to dry the polish quicker as she followed the wolf towards Elijah's study.

As per usual, books had been pulled from the shelves and piled upon the desk, plush couches and the short table in the middle of the room; the remnants of the night Ophelia and Elijah had spent reading together whilst light and easy chatter had filled their ears.

Hayley had clearly relayed her thoughts to Elijah already, for his mobile was already in his hand and Nikalus' voice filled the room as the noble originals thumb settled over the speaker button.

"Yes, brother, what is it?" Klaus questioned, impatience evident in his tone, something that caused Ophelia to roll her eyes as she placed herself on one of the couches, her legs folded beneath her whilst she directed a small smile towards Elijah who had locked his eyes upon her form.