Ch 45: Bleeding Lips, Same Room

Quote of the Day:

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
- Lao Tzu

**

From the corner of my eyes, I can see Sir Xu's hands gradually motions towards his waist, where he hid his sword earlier. Violence?

I gulp down. I trouble my head with revolving endless schemes for escaping this predicament. For our sake, I need to consider a peaceful resolution. Suddenly, I form an idea of my own.

My eyes situate on Sir Xu, a man of enterprising spirit and undoubted talent. I will make a precarious and dubious decision, in hopes he can apprehend my actions.

I reach out my hands to snatch his cross collar, tip toeing to reach his level. Everything seems to happen in slow motion; my head raises aloft to crash my lips onto his.

My heart soars. Momentarily, he rests his hand on the back of my head, angling it to press his lips closer against my own. His fingers tunnel through my hair as I feel his warm breath against my skin.

The owner clears his throat, "This old man has mistaken Master and Madam Qiao."

I swiftly pull away from Sir Xu, afraid to witness his expression and reaction.

"Wife," he says as he wipes his lips. I gasp for my life, as blood is flying out from his bottom lip. He continues, "How bold of you today."

The owner adds, "Master and Madam Qiao, how about this? I will open you two honored guests a room tonight, allowing you to stay free of charge. That is my pardon for you today."

I shake my hands, "N-No need. We are grateful for your offer, but we are heading back tonight."

"You are?" The owner questions, "It is snowing outside."

I open my mouth in surprise, "Is it?" Glancing out of the window, I can see snowflakes dancing down the sky. Ah, Mother Nature. You had to do me dirty.

Sir Xu nods, "Then we'll be in your care, Mister."

Xu Kai and I have no choice but to stay in the same room in the second floor of the Hua Hin Place Inn. After bathing separately, we return to our room and get ready for bed.

"Tonight, I will sleep on the floor," I comment as I drag a blanket from the closet onto the floor.

He takes the blanket, "You can rest on the bed. It has been an uneasy trip."

I shake my head, "I—"

He suddenly freezes, with the blanket in his arm.

"Sir—"

In a brief second, he slams me against the bed, pinning both of my arms down. Again?! With the blanket covering us, he whispers next to my right ear, "Someone is observing us."

I nod intensely, "Alright. But Sir.." I inquire, "What do we do now?" I glance down at the space between us. His left leg is between my two legs.

"My wife," the voice whispered in my ear was low and soft, "Of course we have to do what lovers do in bed at night."

I blink.

Lovers? Bed? At night?

"...I got it!" I nod confidently, rolling a little over and begin kicking the bed side.

"Ah~ Husband~"  The bed squeaks and rocks back and forth, "Don't tell me you want another baby?" About three minutes into the rocking, I feel my leg become sore.

"Co-Commander.. My leg is sore now," I softly whisper to him.

Xu Kai nods, "I'll take it from here." He switches to my position and rocks the bed side, causing the room to shake.

I almost fall off the bed. "H-Husband, too fierce! I cannot handle it!"

The owner of the Inn pulls away from the peephole. "Ah.." He wipes his nose, "Blood!"He closes the secret hole in the wall, "Reminds me of my younger days." Wandering downstairs, he contemplates which herbs would help increase his blood flow.

**

For the past half an hour, Xu Kai and I switch back and forth rocking the bed.

"Sir Xu," I am running out of breathe due to the intense exercise, "Is the person gone yet?"

He breathes heavily while peeking out of the blanket, "Yes. He's gone now."

I kick off the wool blanket and fan myself with my hands. I lay flat on the inner edge of the bed; Sir Xu lays on the outer edge side. "That was intense," I sigh in relief.

His right arm is hovering over his face, "Pft.."

I tilt my head to glance at him, "Hm?"

Laughter?

I stare at him with befuddlement. Then I reminisce back to how ridiculous and pathetic we were while rocking the bed. His faint laughter is promptly contagious. I begin to laugh as well.

Our feeble laughter echoes throughout the room. The snow continues to sprinkle down, with the winter wind entering the room. Our uneven breath gradually pacifies.

He turns his head to return my stare. Our eyes meet.

My stomach tingles with joy.

For the moment, everything girdling my mind is blank. He is the only thing circling in my head.

"I don't think I will ever meet someone comparable to you, Zi Yan," His mellifluous voice mutters. "No matter who I meet or speak to, they cannot capture my attention quite the way you can."

I grin, expressing a combination of contentment and awe, "Sir," I carry on, "You are the character I never knew how to write because no words can capture how you make me feel at this moment."

A miniscule and exhausted smile stretches across his face. He raises his arms, pinching my cheek.

"Ahh, Sir. Tat hurtz," I groan incoherently.

As his eyelids close shut, he articulates, "Sweet dreams."

I feel at peace, strangely detached from all my stresses. There is just something about laying down with someone special to you. Just his presence is enough.

Right now, I only know it feels right to be with him.