24 🐭

Lara's POV

The rest of the week went by pretty fast. I mean Clay did try to talk with Jessica about what Hannah said on the tape but Jessica just told Clay that she was lying. Sheri wasn't at school to so I guess Clay got her to turn herself in for what happend.

Jeff's parents seemed like they had some sort of closure. That is the one good thing that cane with the tapes. It's Fridag morning and I'm so ready to start this weekend. To just forget about all the shit with Hannah Baker.

 To just forget about all the shit with Hannah Baker

Lara's outfit for Friday 🥰

Jess and Justin disappeared into the theater room. I guess they want some fun. I just wouldn't have thought the theater is the best place to get it but then again who am I to say something. Bryce was talking about the small gathering at gis place after school.

"You joining us, babe?" My attention turned towards Monty and I smiled at him. "Of course I would." This puts a smile on his face and he kisses me. Everyone started making comments about how we should maybe just get a room.

I flipped them of and went to first period. Mr Porter came by and asked to speak with me. This has got to be interesting. I packed my things and went to his office. While I waited for him Skye was busy sorting papers at the counter. We used to be friends back in middle school and then high school happend.

"Hi?" That came out more than a question than a statement. She looks up at me and sarcastically shakes her head before continuing. "What ?" She looks at me again. Stares for a few seconds and puts her hands on the counter likes she wants to take a firm stand. "To what do I owe the pleasure of being greeted by the popular girl ?"

Sarcasm is dripping from her voice. I guess I kind of deserved that. "Can't I say hi to my friend." She starts laughing and looks down before she says with a serious tone. "We haven't been friends since freshman year. You shouldn't even be talking to me. You don't want to ruin your friendships."

Ouch. That hurts a lot more than I planned. Skye, Clay and I used to hang out all the time. It was like we had no worries what so ever. I also knew she had the biggest crush on Clay. Everything changed when we started high school.

"I'm sorry Skye..I.." She puts her hand up and starts talking. Interrupting me. "Stop. I'm not interested in your excuses or explanation. Let's just go on like before. You know where you pretend not to know me." Before I could answer Mr Porter calls for me.

I gave her one last glance and walked into his office. "Lara please take a seat." I put my bag down and flopped down on the chair. He sits down and rumble through some papers. "So tell me how are you coping?"

I stare at him. What game is he playing? "I'm fine." Simple yet firm answer. He doesn't seem to like it but continues anyway. "And your relationship?" This peaks my attention. My relationship? As in Monty. Wow okay this is so not what I expected.

"We're fine. Still going strong you know." He shakes his head. Leans forward and lays his elbows on the desk. "How long have you two been dating ?" Okay what is it with this guy ? Like seriously? I pick at my fingers. "2 and a half years."

Mr Porter looks suprised. He leans back and scrabble something on this note pad. "That is a really long time. Has he ever tried to you know, hurt you ? I know he has a pretty bad temper ?"

That pissed me off. "He would never lay a hand on me. He has that much respect for me." Mr Porter nods and leans forward again. It looks like his trying to find the right words for the next sentence. "Look, Lara, you have a great future ahead of you. Your a straight A student. You are a star athlete. You could go very far. I don't want you to throw that away for a guy okay ?"

Did he just imply that Monty is not good enough for me. That bastard. Monty may not have the best grades but he is just as good at sport, fuck he is probably one of the best sports guy in the fucking school. He has that talent.

"Mr Porter with all due respect. Stay the fuck out of my relationship. I can decide for myself who is good and who doesn't deserve my attention. Monty my have a fucking temper and not the best grades but he tries to be better. That is good enough for me. Maybe you should save your advice for people who actually needs it."

With that said I stormed off. He keeps calling out for me. I just keep on walking. Skye looks up from the counter and I gave her a side glance. She looks so different. Life definitely treated her like shit. On my way out I found Clay being escorted to the office.

We look at one another but gets pulled out of it when I roughly bump into someone. Jessica. She looks beyond pissed right now. "Jess ...?" Tears wanted to spill out of her eyes. "Where's Bryce ?" This got me confused  Bryce?

"Probably in home room ? Is everything okay ?" She starts laughing and then answers sarcastically. "Everything is just peachy." She walks to home room and I decided it was best to wait for the next class to begin in the bathroom.