26 🗼

Lara's POV

That's when I heard Bryce. "Justy, Alex it's about fucking time you guys get here. Come on this cards are getting stalled sit down" This grabbed my attention. I pulled away from Monty. He wasn't happy but he also wanted to see what is going to happen. Jess is clearly drunk.

Justin looks at Jessica but she completely ignores him. "Actually Jess and I got this thing planned." Jessica snickers and startes putting the money together. "No we don't." Justin looks at her. Begging with his eyes that she'll look at him. "We're were gonna get late dinner." She laughs sarcastically and counts the money she made.

Justin starts to turn around. "Let's go." But Jess stays put. Continues to count the money. "When were you going tell me about dinner, was that before or after you walked out on me today?" She finally looks up at him. Everyone is quiet. My hands resting on Monty's neck.

He looks back at me with a worried look but I pay no attention. Things are going to get ugly fast. "Oh Justin sounds like you better make it up to her by losing a few rounds. Come on sit." Bryce breaks the silence and show Justin the seat next to him was empty.

Zach clears his throat trying to get the awkwardness to fade away. "Uhmm.. Okay so the game is Tex Solum. Five dollar empty five dollar bet." Bryce stares to sort the cards and hand them out. The stare between Jess and Justin is pretty fucking intense.

"Don't worry I got you staked. Your girlfriend has been playing with my money all night." This seems to piss Justin of more than he already is. He just glares at Bryce.

Jess looks and sees that Alex is standing watching me on Monty's lap. Monty noticed it too so he pulls me closer. Not like I could get any closer. "No I'm good. I hate poker." Alex shiftes weight from one foot to the other. Jess doesn't like that answer.

She gets up fast and pissed. "Nooo. You have to play. Everyone is playing." She grabs Alex's arm and pushes him into her chair. I wanted to get up and go to her but Monty holds me down on him."Don't get involved, babe." I nod his right. This is between Jess and Justin.

Then Jess does something that shocked me. She makes herself comfortable on Bryce's lap. I can feel Monty suddenly tighten his grib around my waist. "Babe relax." He looks at me. I lean forward and give him a long kiss. I feel eyes on me and see Jess staring at us. "I wish I had a boyfriend that wasn't afraid to show people who I belong to."

I look at her and then Justin. He looks like he is about to explode with anger. "Jess what the fuck?" Bryce leans back. Cleary enjoying it. He slightly laughs. She continues to shuffle her cards and turns towards him. "You're deal." He pushes the cards away.

"I don't wanna play fucking cards right now." She picks it up and throws them in his face. Raising her voice. "I said your deal!" I turn to Monty. Getting kind of scared for what's happening. He pulls me closer and rubs my back gently. "Shit" he whispered it so only I could hear.

Zach who leaned back in his chair came up straight. "Jess." Bryce looks worried suddenly. I mean I would to. This is getting uncomfortable. I wrap my arm around Monty's neck and turn so I could sit side ways in his lap. Both his arms are wrapped around me. Secured.

Justin gets up and pushes his chair back roughly. "Fuck this shit. Let's go." Jess rolls her eyes but leans back into Bryce. Putting her arm around his neck and picking up her empty beer can. Justin turns to look at her.

Justin is extremely pissed right now. He storms forward and grabs Jess roughly around the arm. Yanks her off Bryce's lap so that she almost falls down. "Fuck I said lets go."

I get up immediately and grab Monty's hand in mine. "What the fuck Justin. Let go off me." He doesn't listen. "We're leaving here. I don't want you ever hanging out here again." Monty throws his arms around my shoulder as we make our way outside. She pulls back roughly. "Don't you touch me like that. Don't you ever touch me like that."

Bryce is the first one to walk up to the couple. He is calm. "Buddy calm down." But Justin spins around and points his finger at him. "Stay the fuck away from her." Jessica steps in between them. Throws her hands up and looks at Justin. "What is your problem Justin?"

Everyone is waiting for an answer. Alex comes to stand next to me and Monty pulls me closer. Alex rolls his eyes and looks at me. "Seriously ?" I don't answer him just pull myself closer to Monty. I really don't like what's going on here.

Zach steps forward trying to keep everyone calm. "Guys this does not need to happen." Alex grabs his arm and pulls him back. "Maybe it does." I look at him like his crazy. What the actual fuck ?

Justin steps closer to Jess. "What are you doing here ? What are you doing here with him ?" Everyone is quiet. Jess stares at him. She looks scared but answers calmly. "We're just having fun." That is not the answer Justin was looking for. He starts to yell again. "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE WITH BRYCE ?" Jessica looks confused and steps forward. "Why do you care huh ? Lara is here too if you haven't noticed."

Justin looks at me. Stares for awhile. "Yeah but she is with her FUCKING boyfriend. Not chilling with Bryce !" This makes Jess more angry. A lot more.