30 🎭

Bryce's POV

Baseball practice begins today. We start at the nets. Fuck my hand burns. Monty is next to me. I hit the ball a few times but fuck I couldn't take it no more.

"FUCK!" Monty looks over at me. "You okay man. Shake it off it's just rust." Shaking my hand I pull off my glove. "Nah man I fucked up my hand last night."

He looks over and his eyes widened a bit. Then he starts to laugh. "Fuck who'd you hit?" Not ready to tell him. Afraid that Jensen might do shit. "Nobody just the wall." He takes another swing and I put my glove back on.

"Fuck man you need to watch that temper of yours." I turn and look at him. "You telling me to watch my temper is like Justin Foley telling me to lay of the weed." He puts his bat behind his head.

"Where is that guy anyway ? You sorted your shit out, you know from the other night ?" Swinging my bat back and forth I nod. "Yeah I think so. I also had a talk with Lara. She is a really good friend."

He nods his head. I look at him. He has it crazy for her. If she walks away from me he'll walk away from me. That can't happen not now at least. She believes me so that counts something.

"Yeah man she really is. Fuck I love that girl." He gets into another stand and wait for the ball to swing it through. "Yeah man. You shouldn't let her slip through your fingers. She loves you and your crazy fucking temper."

Lara's POV

Everybody has their one opinion on the tapes and what happend with the testimonies. "Fuck why are we even protecting a rapist ?"

This caught everyone's attention. I gave Alex a glare. "Don't say that." Alex looks at me and then at Zach. "You two are protecting a fucking rapist." This is pissing me off. "You don't know shit Alex."

He turns towards me. "Yeah I do everything Hannah said is true." He looks at everyone around him. "Courtney your gay so what. Tyler your a stalker and Ryan your an arrogant asshole. Zach you do this crazy cruel little things even though you have a decent heart and Lara your an actual bitch. Marcus you only care about your perfect little reputation. I well I'm a weak, stupid asshole who ruined a good thing because I wanted a rapist to think I'm just like him. Hannah was my friend. If I stayed if we all stayed friends with her she would have been alive today."

Everyone is quiet. Alex outburst was unexpected but also expected if that makes sense at all. They are sending out letters from the court to show who will have to testify. Damn I really hope I'm not one of them.

We talked for a while and then everyone started to go their own way. I went up to pay for my coffee but Alex stopped me. "Please let me." He pays for my coffee and the waitresses gives it to me. "Thanks Alex."

I was about to walk away when he stopped me. "Why are you still with Monty ?" I really don't feel like having this conversation again. "Because I love him. He's not the bad guy everyone thinks he is."

Alex shakes his head. He rolls his eyes sarcastically. "Yeah because beating everybody up is such a good thing." I sigh. I know Alex is in love with me but he has got to move on.

"I'm sorry that I'm hurting you. But I'm not leaving Monty." I push past him and walk out of Monet's.

" I push past him and walk out of Monet's

Lara's outfit for Wednesday 💥