Chapter 5

The next morning, Izuku was woken up by a crash followed by yelling. He groaned and tried to hide by burying himself into his spot. Unfortunately, he discovered that he couldn't burrow any further into the human chest he was laying on. At least not while keeping said human alive.

'Wait... chest?'

Izuku shot straight up, his eyes blown wide as he made direct eye contact with Shoto.

"Good morning I guess?" Shoto offered, an amused smile just barely tilting up the sides of his lips.

Izuku squeaked and scrambled back, falling off the couch in the process. "Wh-what? Why was I- And you- Why the- Huh?" He stuttered and stumbled, trying to process why the heck he was sleeping on Shoto.

"How tired were you last night?" Shoto asked, half concerned and half amused. "Bakugou was worried with how tired you were, so he came up here and forced you to try and sleep, I just followed along. After you didn't fall asleep, I just did what my sister would always do when I couldn't sleep. You were out like fifteen minutes later." He explained with a small shrug at the end, standing up and offering Izuku a hand.

He gingerly accepted as the previous night became less fuzzy. He looked around the living room before his panic set back in. "Oh no, where's Kacchan?" He asked Shoto quickly.

Another yell was heard down the hall and Izuku's fear settled in. He booked it down the hall, Shoto following much slower.

"Kacchan! What're you doing?!" Izuku asked as he walked into his kitchen and saw Katsuki scowling at Izuku's cabinets.

"I was trying to make breakfast, but you have no fucking food! What the hell Deku? What'd you even eat?" Katsuki asked, turning his heated gaze to the small, green haired male in front of him.

Izuku rolled his eyes at the question. "I can't cook to save me life. Why would I waste my time and money buying ingredients?" He asked back, clearly not happy with Katsuki's anger.

"So what the hell do you eat?" Katsuki repeated, setting down the container of salt he had managed to find.

Izuku shrugged at the question. "Most of the time I just pick something up when I'm hungry. Sometimes Uraraka makes me food for no reason. Every few weeks I survive off of the baked goods that Shinso randomly gives me." He answered, not finding his eating habits that weird.

"Shinso brings you baked goods?" Shoto asked from the entrance to the tiny kitchen, which was behind Izuku.

Izuku nodded happily. "Yeah, but I don't think he's even the one that makes them, he can't cook either. I still have some cookies if you want one." He said, grabbing the Tupperware container with a few cookies in it.

Katsuki grabbed it from him, opening the lid and looking in. He scoffed and handed it to Shoto. "The fucker stole my cookies." He said.

Shoto didn't seem all that offended, just grabbed one and took a bite. "Bakugou is probably the one that makes all the baked goods. Shinso steals them and gives 'em to you, apparently." He spoke up, helping with Izuku's current confusion.

The green haired boy's eye brows scrunched at the new information. "Why would he even do that?"

"Probably just to piss Bakugou off." Shoto said nonchalantly.

"That and he's got to know that you just don't fucking eat because you can't cook for shit." Katsuki grumbled, walking past the two boys and down the hall, heading towards the door.

"You two coming? I apparently have to make breakfast downstairs." He shouted to them, not bothering to wait for their response before leaving.

Izuku sighed as he followed Shoto down the hall, but he stopped when they reached his door. "Well, bye. Thanks for helping me sleep I guess." He mumbled, heading over to his couch so that he could pick up all the bedding.

"You're not coming with?" Shoto asked him with a raised brow.

Izuku shook his head, moving a pillow. "Nah, I've bothered you guys enough." He told him.

Shoto rolled his eyes at the comment. "Midoriya, come get breakfast." He said, nodding his head towards the door.

"No, really it's fine-"

"It's not really a question. Just come get food, you've got to be hungry by now." Shoto urged, clearly not taking no for an answer.

As if on cue, Izuku's stomach rumbled.

He turned a bright red while Shoto just shot him a look that said 'see?'.

"Fine," he conceded with a sigh, following the, now, smug looking man.

Shoto led him into Katsuki and his part of the duplex, where they were once again greeted with yelling.

"What the fuck?! Where the hell is the basil?!" They heard Katsuki screech and then a few small crashes followed.

Izuku turned to Shoto, a questioning look on his face. "I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you guys aren't fully settled in yet?"

Shoto just nodded and walked through the living room and into the kitchen, Izuku on his heels.

"Good god, what the hell took you two so long?" Katsuki asked, barely turning to look at them as he started going through different boxes that were still littered around the open space.

Shoto pointed his thumb at Izuku, his attention also focused on going through boxes. "He was trying to worm his way out of it, something about bothering us or something." He muttered, pulling out the bottle of spices that Katsuki had been looking for. He threw it to the blond, who caught it easily and then turned back to the stove.

"Well that's stupid, if he bothered us that fucking much we would have left his ass on the stairs last night." Katsuki pointed out, sprinkling different spices over something he had in a pan.

Izuku took a seat at the kitchen table, resting his head on his open palm and shooting both men a glare. "I love that you just talk about me like I'm not here." He mumbled.

If either of the males heard him, they ignored him.

"Yeah, he wouldn't come until his stomach gave away how actually hungry he was." Shoto spilled, taking a seat next to Izuku.

Katsuki spared Izuku a quick glance at that. "When was the last time you ate, nerd?" He asked.

Izuku rubbed his eyes, looking incredibly tired for someone who got nearly seven hours of sleep the night prior. "I don't know, Kacchan. That's not something I usually keep a running tally of."

"Jesus fucking Christ, how are you even surviving at this point?" Katsuki asked him, flabbergasted.

The green haired boy lazily shrugged. "Not a clue, I'm just winging it."

Katsuki shot Shoto a look, but the two toned male just shrugged. "At least he can admit it."