Chapter 10

Shoto and Katsuki were walking around the outside of the house, fully checking out the yard space. The yard hadn't really mattered to them when they were initially buying, so they didn't bother to look, but now that they were living there they took a little time to check it out.

And that was how they ran into a rushed Shinso holding a McDonalds bag and a pack of propel waters.

"What're you doing here?" Katsuki asked him, suspicion slipping into his voice as he didn't bother to hide it.

"Came to hang out with Midoriya." He said simply, barely throwing them a glance as he walked up the front stairs.

Shoto and Katsuki followed after, stopping him. "But he told us he had to work." Shoto pointed out.

Shinso looked back, realizing that he and Izuku had slipped up. "Guess he lied then." He said simply, not missing the faint looks of confusion on the other two boy's faces.

He moved to open Izuku's front door, but was stopped by Katsuki grabbing his arm. Shinso turned to shoot him a glare.

"What's going on, eye bags?" The blond asked with a scowl.

Shinso shifted to move his arm out of Katsuki's grip. "He probably just didn't want to be around either of you. Why do you find that so hard to believe?" He asked, shooting an almost apologetic look at Shoto. The two of them were friends and he wasn't too keen on insulting him.

"That doesn't explain why're you're acting all fucking weird, bringing him food, and one of the most hydrating waters you can get quick. What the fuck is going on?" Katsuki asked again, more aggressive than the first time.

Shinso clenched his eyes closed as he sucked in air through his teeth. He was clearly more than annoyed with the persistent questions. Thankfully, before he had to answer, Uraraka popped her head out from the front door.

"Hey, you're finally here!" She said cheerfully. "We should really get back up there, I don't know if he should be alone too lo- Who're you?" She looked over to the two other boys, who were staring at her in mild shock.

Shinso took a deep breath, gaining the attention of the brunette. "Uraraka, just take this stuff upstairs, okay? Tell him I'll be up there in a few minutes." He instructed, knowing that he'd be stuck answering questions.

She hesitantly took the food and water. "Oh um, okay. Please hurry, you're the only one he ever seems to listen to when he gets like this."

Uraraka looked over at Shoto and Katsuki one final time before disappearing back into Izuku's residence.

Shinso took a deep breath as he sat down on the stairs. He figured he might as well get comfortable. "Well?" He prodded.

"What's going on?" Shoto asked, taking a seat on a stair below him while Katsuki wen tone above, keeping them all spread out.

"You both know about his insomnia, right?" Shinso asked.

Shoto and Katsuki shared a look. They both knew about it a little too well for 'just being neighbors'.

"Yeah." Katsuki said, allowing his gaze to land back on Shinso.

"Well it's not the only issue he's got." Shinso continued. "He's depressed, like really depressed. The no sleeping doesn't help in the slightest and the fact that he 'can't cook so he doesn't bother buying food', is a lame excuse for the fact he just doesn't eat. He doesn't bother drinking anything either, so he's dehydrated. I'm not sure how bad it is this time around, seeing as I haven't been able to actually see him." He finished with a stern glare at the two other boys.

"He's... depressed?" Shoto asked, not seeming to really comprehend that fact.

"That's what I just said, wasn't it?" Shinso snapped back, but not too harshly. He was in a rush, sure, but Shoto was still a friend of his .

"How long?" Katsuki asked him. He had some not so nice thoughts going through his head and he was really hoping that he wasn't correct with his train of thought.

Shinso, on the other hand, couldn't care less about the blond's feelings on the matter. "Hm, let me think, I'm gonna go with middle school, just as a guess." He said, a little too sarcastically.

"You two have fun with that information, I have to go." He added, standing up and brushing himself off as he moved for the door.

Before he could enter, he was once again stopped. Shinso turned back to find it was Katsuki, again, and shot him an unamused look.

"It's my fault, isn't it?" The blond asked, his face and voice completely devoid of all emotion.

Shinso let out an annoyed sigh. "You do the math, Bakugou. You were absolutely terrible to him for a really long fucking time. I know you apologized and he forgave you, because that's just who he is, but the trauma you put him through isn't just going to disappear with a pitiful apology."

Just for a second, Shinso was able to see just how crushed Katsuki was from the information he was given.

The purple haired male internally groan as he felt compelled to 'do the right thing' or some shit. Kaminari was really getting to him and he wasn't sure how much he liked it.

"Look, it's not just you, okay? He was really messed up after his dad left and just didn't come home. Plus there's the whole thing with his mom, so it-" Shinso's attempt at comforting Katsuki was cut short when the blond interrupted him.

"What thing with his mom?" He asked, seeming perplexed.

Shinso's eyebrows shot up in question. "Do you... not know what happened after graduation?" He asked slowly. He wasn't sure what Izuku had told the other two guys and he didn't know if he was allowed to fill in their gaps.

"I know Monoma gave him a black eye, but I don't know anything that happed with his mom." Katsuki said, hoping that Shinso would be feeling generous enough to fill him in.

"I'm really not sure if I can-" Shinso started, but he was once again cut off.

"Shinso, just tell us. Both of us are honestly just worried about him and want to help any way we can, but we can only do that if we know the full story." Shoto said, knowing that Shinso wouldn't be able to say no to one of the few, few, people he saw as a friend.

Shinso scoffed at the fact he was being played and was just letting it happen. "You didn't hear it from me, throw Uraraka under the bus or something, but after he graduated he told his mom about the whole gay thing and she didn't take it that well." He explained quickly and quietly, almost like he was worried Izuku would pop up out of no where and yell at him.

"How bad did she take it?" Katsuki asked, not knowing what to expect. He never thought of Inko as someone who was homophobic, but he guessed he didn't know her very well. He had been out to his parents for a few years and they were both fine with him, so he couldn't even imagine how hard it must be for Izuku.

Shinso sighed again, wiping a hand down his face as he realized that he was totally just betraying his best friends trust. "Bad as in they haven't talked in like two years, bad."