Chapter 6

After a comfortably quiet breakfast, Izuku told Shoto and Katsuki that he had to get to work.

"Wait, you have a job? I thought you were going to school?" Shoto asked, perplexed by the idea of someone trying to work and get through college at the same time. Technically, he wasn't really doing either, so the idea baffled him.

Izuku looked over at Katsuki, sending him a questioning look.

"Ignore him, he grew up a rich boy and just recently joined the real world." Katsuki explained, standing up and taking his plate to the sink, not before messing up Shoto's hair and earning a stern glare.

"Rich boy? Wow, Kacchan, I didn't take you as a rehabilitator." Izuku teased, enjoying the glares that were then directed at him.

Shoto was the first to respond, "I'm offended. If anything, I'm the one rehabilitating him. He could barely stand being around other people until I somehow managed to get him to join the band." He said, almost looking like he was pouting at what Izuku had said before.

"Shut it, half and half." Katsuki grumbled, taking his seat once again.

Izuku's eye brows drew together in question. "Yeah, that's been something I've been wondering ever since you two moved in. How did the whole band thing even happen?" He asked, completely forgetting that he needed to get going or he'd be late to his job.

Katsuki rolled his eyes, but Shoto was the one to answer. "We shared a dorm our freshman, and only, year of college. I was rebelling against my dad and getting into music, which led me to starting a band. I met Kirishima in one of my music classes and the kid wouldn't leave me alone. I found out he was a pretty good bass player, so I asked if he wanted to help me start a band. He agreed, obviously, and then we just had to convince Bakugou. He had accidentally let it slip that his parents forced him to take music lessons when he was younger and he could play the drums well. It took a while, but eventually he agreed." He finished, looking over at Katsuki with a slight smirk, which the blond brushed off.

Izuku nodded in understanding, while Shoto took a drink from his juice he had. "So was that before or after you two started dating and didn't tell anyone else?"

The green haired boy giggled as Shoto did a spit take and Katsuki just gaped at him.

"What? How- What?" Katsuki asked, not able to wrap his head around what Izuku had just said.

"What? You thought you two were hiding it well? Kacchan's only ever been civil with one other person, and it was a boy I caught him kissing behind our high school. He has to actually care about someone to even consider something like joining a band and becoming friends with a handful of other people. It's not like he doesn't want the friends, he's just got some weird abandonment issues and he really needs a reason to even form those types of bonds. A reason like a partner wanting him to actually have friends." Izuku said, not realizing he had started to mutter.

"Are you done fucking profiling me yet?" Katsuki sneered at him. His anger was obvious and Izuku clamped a hand over his mouth, sending him an apologetic look.

Shoto recovered from his shock, rubbing his sleeve over his mouth before speaking. "Can we circle back to the boy you were kissing behind your school?" He asked.

Katsuki huffed and crossed his arms. "Oh, look at that, you weren't my gay awakening!" He said with sarcasm lacing his voice. "Get over it." He deadpanned.

Izuku winced at his words. "Harsh Kacchan, harsh."

"Shut it, Deku." Katsuki snapped at him.

The green haired boy held his hands up in surrender. "Crap, I didn't just cause a fight, right? That would mean I'd ruined two of Kacchan's relationships." He said, muttering the last part to himself.

"Two of my relationships? What did you do, Deku?" Katsuki asked, standing up from the table.

Shoto pushed him back into his chair, seeing Izuku visibly flinch. "Calm down, Kat. You're scaring the crap out of him."

"I'm not scared!" Izuku assured, but not very convincingly.

Katsuki sat down reluctantly, his glare still stuck on Izuku. "What. did. you. do?"

The smaller male's hands shot up into the air, moving them back and forth frantically and shaking his head. "I-I didn't do anything, I promise!" He said quickly.

"Then what the fuck did you mean when you said you ruined two of my relationships?" Katsuki asked him, not letting up.

Izuku turned a bright shade of red at the question as he tried to explain. "A-after you apologized about middle school," he started but paused. He didn't continue until Shoto nodded to him. He was honestly just worried about ruining another relationship.

"Monoma kind of confronted me. He was really, really mad and kept saying that I was trying to steal you away or something. I tried to tell him that I wasn't and I wasn't even entirely sure what he was talking about. I mean, I might have seen you guys kissing, but I didn't know you were dating! But he was really mad and wouldn't listen to me." Izuku explained quickly. He just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible.

"So you think that's why we broke up? Because he was insecure about you?" Katsuki asked him, raising a brow in his direction.

"Well kind of. He was... really mad at me." Izuku mumbled.

A vague look of realization crossed Katsuki's face as he seemed to connect a few dots in his head. "Deku, is that why you had a black eye that week after graduation?" He asked, remembering back to when his parents and him went over to Izuku's house for dinner before they both left for college.

Izuku's eyes shot open wide at the question. "Wh-what? No! I already told you then, I fell and smacked my head on my dresser." He said quickly.

Katsuki's glare hardened once again. "If you're worried that I'm gonna kill the fucker, it's kind of hard to do when I don't even know what happened to him after graduation."

"F-fine, so he punched me, okay? I don't see why that's important." Izuku mumbled.

"Because, why the fuck wouldn't you tell me that my boyfriend fucking hit you?!" Katsuki asked, a little louder than necessary.

"I already thought I had screwed up your relationship enough! Why would I throw that into the mix? It didn't matter anyway, it was just a black eye." Izuku said, catching a glimpse at the clock Shoto and Katsuki had hanging on their wall.

"On no, I'm so, so late!" He said suddenly, getting up to rush out the door. He was going to run straight to work, not even bothering to change his clothes or anything. He had no time.

"Deku? What the hell?" Katsuki yelled after him, but giving up when he was already booking it down the road.

"So are we gonna talk about the boyfriend that clearly wasn't against using violence or?..." Shoto asked once Katsuki walked back into their kitchen.

"He didn't hit me, if that's what you're asking." Katsuki grumbled, throwing himself onto their couch, still having a view of the kitchen.

Shoto got up and sat next to him on the couch, leaning into his side. "I wasn't exactly, but thanks for the answer anyway." He said.

"Anytime, half and half."