Chapter 18

It was around lunch time, and the three were still in Izuku's apartment. They were all lounging on the couch, Shoto in a reclining part of the sofa, Katsuki leaning back on him and Izuku laying on the blond's stomach.

"So since we've been all sharing today, and I mean, we heard you singing before, are we allowed to ask some questions? You don't have to answer them if you don't want thought." Shoto spoke up, shifting everyone's attention away from the tv.

Izuku may have kept his eyes on the television, but he was completely zoned out from the program. He took a deep breath before nodding, waiting for the two to start spouting out their overflowing load of questions.

"Do you write music?" Shoto asked, figuring he'd start off with an easy question.

"Yes." Izuku answered quietly, barely even loud enough for the two males to hear.

Katsuki shifted slightly to he could look down at the green haired male easier. "Do you record music?" He asked, his curiosity getting to him. He was planning on staying away from that topic, figuring it was what probably freaked Izuku out so much, but he just couldn't stay away from knowing.

There was silence for a few seconds and Shoto and Katsuki were almost positive Izuku had decided to skip the question. Until a small "Yes." was heard.

More silence followed the answer.

"Do you... think we could hear some of it?" Shoto asked slow and delicate. He knew that it was probably pushing the boundaries, but he couldn't help but ask.

Izuku instantly shot up, now sitting up right on Katsuki's lap. He was shaking his head desperately side to side. "N-no, no you can't." He rushed.

Katsuki grabbed onto his arms, making sure he wasn't too rough as too scare him even more. "Hey, hey. Deku, that's okay. If you don't want us to hear it, we aren't going to force you, okay? If you don't want to, you don't have to show us." He said, slowly nodding his head in a reassuring way for the smaller male.

"O-okay," Izuku breathed out.

"I'm sorry I asked." Shoto mumbled, his guilt as clear as day in his voice.

Izuku shook his head again, but no where near as aggressively. "It's okay, I'm sorry I freaked out so much." He said with an awkward smile.

Shoto hesitantly looked up at him, seeing as he was still sitting up. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you so scared of us hearing recordings? I thought you just had stage fright. Performing in front of people." He asked.

"Shoto, I'm anxious about everything." Izuku answered with a forced chuckle as he tried to lighten the mood. "The thought of someone hearing my songs and my voice and knowing that it's me- It just scares the hell out of me." He explained in a soft and far off voice.

Katsuki knew that Izuku was still a little shaken up, so he was just trying to comfort him by rubbing soothing circles on Izuku's arms.

Shoto, on the other hand, srunched his eyebrows in confusion by what Izuku had just said. "What'd you mean by knowing that it's you?" He asked, not even thinking about the question.

The green haired male froze, instantly letting the other two know that the question had pushed a little too far.

"Shit, Izuku I didn't- You don't have to answer that." Shoto said quickly, sitting up all the way and grabbing one of Izuku's hands.

Keeping his head down, Izuku slowly shook his head. "No, I- I trust you guys..." He whispered.

Katsuki and Shoto exchanged confused looks as Izuku got up off the couch and motioned for them to follow him. The three traveled down Izuku's hall and came to the recording room.

"You guys just have to promise me that you're not going to tell anyone, okay?" Izuku asked hesitantly as he turned his back to the door so he could look at the two.

"Of course." Shoto answered with a nod, Katsuki offering a nod of his own, signaling that he agreed.

Taking a deep breath, Izuku finally turned the handle and walked into the room and over to his chair. He flicked the mouse and the computer came to life. He clicked a few different tabs until he pulled up a YouTube channel.

"So um... this is me..." He said as he pushed his chair out of the way so Shoto and Katsuki could see what was on his computer screen.

"Holy shit..." Katsuki whispered, looking over the channel.

"Izuku, are you serious?" Shoto asked, looking over to the cringing boy.

"Um, yeah." Izuku said, keeping his arms tightly wrapped around himself tightly.

Katsuki brought a hand to his head, gripping at his hair. "Wow, I'm a fucking idiot! How did I not figure it out? You literally used the nickname I gave you." He pointed out.

"You're not an idiot! I'm sure Deku is a very popular alias..." Izuku said, trailing off as he realized how stupid he sounded.

He earned a scoff from Katsuki as the blond moved from the desk to Izuku's chair, ruffling his hair. "Yeah, sure. Let's go with that." He said while Izuku pouted and tried to fix his messy hair.

Not that it was any better before.

Shoto pushed himself up to sit on Izuku's desk. "So you're Deku? Then you have to know that you're amazing." He said.

Izuku's face was red in seconds as he sputtered and tried to find a way to refute the claim. "I-I am not!" Was the best he could come up with.

Katsuki just gave him a deadpanned look. "Deku, you have two million subscribers and your songs are on Spotify and iTunes." He said. Then he seemed to get hit with another thought. "Wait, how much money do you make from this?" He asked.

Shaking his head, Izuku sat up straight. "Not that much. I'm seriously not that popular. I get enough to keep the music part of my life rolling, but I can't live off it. That's why I work at the bar. Between all the bills and student loans and all the money it takes to produce this stuff, I should probably get another job. I mean, I'm doing just fine right now, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to have some extra cash. What if something happens? Like a medical emergency or I need to actually get a car? Oh crap, should I get a car? Is that a thing I should own by now? I'm such a pathetic excuse of an adult. I can't even adult! How-"

"Oh my god, Deku, shut the fuck up." Katsuki said, placing a hand over Izuku's mouth to finally quiet down the rambling male.

Izuku tried to apologize, but obviously it was muffled from the blond's hand.

"If I move my hand are you gonna let us talk?" Katsuki asked, clearly amused by how off topic Izuku had gotten.

The greenette nodded.

Katsuki slowly removed his hand. "Okay, now that you're gonna be quiet for two seconds-"

"Kacchan-"

"Sh-sh-sh." Katsuki said, closing his eyes and holding up a finger. "You promised."

"I didn't promise, I just-"

"Deku, for the love of God, just let us talk, yeah?" Katsuki said, cutting him off again.

Shoto could clearly see that they were getting nowhere, so he stepped in. "Izuku, first off, you do not need an other job. You're busy and overworked enough as it is. Second, you don't need a car. You're close enough to campus and the bar to walk, anywhere in the city you can take a cab, uber, or the bus. Third off, we're all pathetic excuses for adults. We're literally in a band, Izuku." He explained with a knowing look.

Izuku just looked at him for a few seconds, before nodding. "Fair."

Katsuki shot a look at his boyfriend. "Should we be offended?"