Chapter 20

Izuku could tell, just from looking at the two while they performed, that they hadn't made up. They didn't look at each other the whole set, which wasn't that damning of evidence, but how agitated they both looked was enough to tell Izuku that he, maybe, should have stayed behind and helped them....

Beside that, Shoto just looked.... He looked lost. It wasn't something Izuku could say he had ever seen before. Shoto was a very self confident person. He always knew who he was and what he was doing, but tonight-

"They're pretty good, huh?" Someone at the bar asked Izuku, breaking him from his thoughts.

"Oh um, yeah." Izuku responded with a sheepish smile at the patron.

"You know, I used to date the drummer." The guy said in a smug tone.

Izuku's face morphed into one of confusion. Katsuki was the drummer and the only people Izuku had ever known him to date were Shoto and....

"Monoma?" He asked hesitantly.

"Aw, you do recognize me." The blond said with a smirk.

Izuku was now on high alert. He hadn't seen the guy since high school, but there last encounter was anything but pleasant. Of course, he could have changed since then, but from the way he had acted in their short, short conversation, Izuku didn't have high hopes.

"What're you doing here?" He asked, trying to sound purely curious. They were a little ways away from where their old high school was, so it was strange that he was there.

"Just moved to the city." Monoma answered vaguely, taking a drink from his glass as he eyed the band on stage.

"Something in particular make you choose here?" Izuku pressed, confused and a little frightened that he had just randomly showed up after so many years.

Not taking his eyes off the band, or rather the drummer, Monoma answered. "Not something, but someone."

'Oh great, he's back for Kacchan, because that would end up in a huge mess or anything.' Izuku thought to himself.

At least that's what he meant to do.

"Still using that stupid nickname?" Monoma asked, scaring the absolute crap out of Izuku and making him jump.

He dropped the glass he was holding, which resulted in a small crash behind the bar. It attracted the attention of other people at the bar, which drew the attention of the band on stage. They didn't stop playing, but they all wore confused expression while looking at Izuku.

But Katsuki saw the blond sitting in front of him.

Izuku noticed that the drums suddenly got louder as he looked at Katsuki. The drummer was glaring daggers at Monoma and Izuku had a feeling once their set was over, it wouldn't end well.

They were on the last song now, and it was nearly done. Izuku was worriedly staring at Katsuki, afraid of what he'd do after the song.

"You told him, didn't you?" Monoma asked, catching the glare from Katsuki.

"H-huh?" Izuku stuttered from his nerves.

"You told Katsuki I punched you, right?" Monoma asked, directing his eyes to the nearly shaking bartender.

"Um, m-maybe?"

The blond sighed as he took another drink. "That complicates things you know." He said.

Izuku looked at him in bewilderment. "I'm sorry that you punching me in the face complicates you trying to get back with your ex." He snapped back. Shoto, Katsuki and Kirishima were only a few feet away, so he realized he didn't really have to much to be afraid of. Not only that, but he knew Shinsou was sitting at one of the tables a little ways away, there to see his boyfriend.